Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  63
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Towing Tune Question

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Towing Tune Question

I would be nervous towing in the 200 hp tune, the EGT can shoot up quickly especially with a load behind you. My gooseneck trailer and dozer have a combined weight of 25,000 lbs and I tow that in the 30 hp tune with no problem and all temps are normal. If I’m hauling the skid steer on the bumper pull trailer which is about 14,000 lbs I normally run the 60 or 90 hp tune and watch the gauges and have no problems.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn CCLB DRW. *** EGR delete, S&B cold air intake, Flo-Pro 5” stainless turbo back exhaust without muffler, shibby plug kit, MM3 tuner with DRD complete option package. ARP 625 head studs, 103# valve springs, extreme duty push rods, pusher intake horn, CP3 bag of parts, fleece powerflo in tank lift pump.

2. Likes watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Hello everyone,
    New to the forum but not to diesels and towing. This is my second diesel truck (traded in a 05' Ram Quad cab DRW LB 5.9L), a 2010 Ram crew cab DRW LB Lone-Star Edition 6.7L that I use to pull a 38' tag along with (approx. 8600lbs). I'm in the same boat as Sparks2010. I need better MPGs and less turbo/throttle lag. I've been talking to a shop here in town (Diesel Addiction) about installing an EFI Live with a 5 selector switch and doing a 5" TBE system with all the deletes that come along with it.

My question is this....Has anyone had any use/problems with EFI live or is there a better tuner out there that I can install myself and not have to pay someone else to do it? Or, is installing a tuner something best left to the pros?

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crewser72 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    New to the forum but not to diesels and towing. This is my second diesel truck (traded in a 05' Ram Quad cab DRW LB 5.9L), a 2010 Ram crew cab DRW LB Lone-Star Edition 6.7L that I use to pull a 38' tag along with (approx. 8600lbs). I'm in the same boat as Sparks2010. I need better MPGs and less turbo/throttle lag. I've been talking to a shop here in town (Diesel Addiction) about installing an EFI Live with a 5 selector switch and doing a 5" TBE system with all the deletes that come along with it.

My question is this....Has anyone had any use/problems with EFI live or is there a better tuner out there that I can install myself and not have to pay someone else to do it? Or, is installing a tuner something best left to the pros?
    MM3 tuner custom tuned by Ray at DRD.

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Hello everyone,

Welcome friend!

DRD custom tunes on the MM3 is what most of us are running.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info but please forgive my ignorance.

How do I get ahold of Ray at DRD and where are they located?

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info but please forgive my ignorance.

How do I get ahold of Ray at DRD and where are they located?
    Paid membership on this site gives you access to DRD and all he offers.

Trust me, it’s worth the membership.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Likes AK Bob, Thomas1960, Rapidfire_70 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I second that. DRD+MM3 is the perfect combination.

Honest safe running tunes, easily installed yourself not to mention unmatched support by this community.

I'm glad I found this site.

Cheers,

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, 3" BDS Coil over, DuraFlap, 68RFE, 4.10, 35s, Front receiver, Krown protected

14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I second that. DRD+MM3 is the perfect combination.

Honest safe running tunes, easily installed yourself not to mention unmatched support by this community.

I'm glad I found this site.

Cheers,
    We are glad to have people like you here friend.

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

DRD here too!

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I'm glad to have this site and to have DRD as well. Paid Membership IS the only way to go.

I've done a quick search on the internet and did some looking around this forum. I just wanted to get some of your ideas. Recently, my 2014 Turbo/accuator got stuck in the 50% position, from what I understood from our local shop. I can go with another stock VGT turbo, or I can choose a non VGT turbo.

Does anyone recommend a NON VGT turbo for a mostly stock truck. The only mods I have are:
    * S & B Cold air Intake
    * 5" TBE SS
    * Full EGR delete, tuned by Ray at Double R Diesel
    I heard the BD Iron Horn 364.5 is a good one to consider. I also heard they see a kit that preserves your Exhaust Brake (which I like because I Tow).

I'm not looking for street performance. I just want something reliable, fun to drive and something that will make my towing more reliable and enjoyable. A boost in Horse power would be nice and better MPG would also be welcomed. I have stock injectors and no fuel upgrades either.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Alex

19. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast