Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000 24V Not right in top end RPM

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

You might want to look into an additive for jelling preventative. Some guys mix with Kero, some guys use an additive

HERE Is what I use. I have my wonders on Gelling (possible not too likely), but as it is a possibility, it is also an easy quick cheap fix.

Gel point is the temperature at which diesel or biodiesel fuel freezes solid and can no longer flow by gravity or be pumped through fuel lines. This phenomenon happens when a fuel reaches a low enough temperature whereby enough wax crystals have formed to prevent any movement in the oil. For #2 diesel this is usually around 17.5 °F (−8.1 °C).

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ill have to throw some additive in and try it out. Thanks for all the info!

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Yeah. . . But that voltage drop could be your grid heater too.

You might have a lift pump going or when was the last time you changed the filter?

Get those terminals fixed up
    Grid heater doesn't run above 25mph, that wouldn't be the problem at highway speeds. These trucks are picky about not getting enough voltage to the ECM, try cleaning up those terminals and replacing batteries if necessary

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Get a fuel pressure gauge as well, that should be the first purchase when you have a VP44 truck. Replacing fuel filters is not a bad idea. Fuel 'shouldn't' be feeling at 25 f if that is how cold it was outside where you bought your diesel at. A dodge delearship can check your idle fuel psi, though a gauge can also tell you what your psi is under load

Also, do you have an auto trans?

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd91 View Post
    Get a fuel pressure gauge as well, that should be the first purchase when you have a VP44 truck. Replacing fuel filters is not a bad idea. Fuel 'shouldn't' be feeling at 25 f if that is how cold it was outside where you bought your diesel at. A dodge delearship can check your idle fuel psi, though a gauge can also tell you what your psi is under load

Also, do you have an auto trans?
    Yes it is an auto Trans. I bought a fuel pressure gauge, boost, and egt, just gotta put them in LOL

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzajicek View Post
    Yes it is an auto Trans. I bought a fuel pressure gauge, boost, and egt, just gotta put them in LOL
    Yea, I saw that about the gauges after I posted LOL. What are your rpms doing? It could be a tranny/torque converter issue

7. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd91 View Post
    Yea, I saw that about the gauges after I posted LOL. What are your rpms doing? It could be a tranny/torque converter issue
    I think I got it figured out now, I'm new to all of this, I was told what it was doing was shifting out of over drive and getting up to speed, which I thought was a little different, but normal. Still need to fix my terminals and replace the fuel filter though. I was also told to put a lock up switch in and just flip it after 45 to keep it in over drive. Its a lot different than my old cobalt LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12