Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Upgrading?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Upgrading?

Evening all. My 08 2500 came with the wrong rims on it when I bought it, not a big deal and now I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna be needing tires. Tire prices are what they are and I've been considering hunting down a set of 4th gen 20" rims and tires. I pull my Jeep on a trailer and my 33' camper with the truck. I like the looks of the black 4th gen setup and I think it'd be sharp on the black truck. I don't want any gaudy wide rims or aggresive tires, that's what the jeep is for. What needs to be done to reprogram the tpms sensors to make them jive, or do I need to just switch them out? In your opinion am I doing a dis service by putting a set of these on? My mechanic made a comment about putting 20's on but I couldn't get him to elaborate.

2. Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Upgrading?

If you plan on sticking with stockish size tires then you should have any issues fitting the 4th gen 20s. Ride will be a bit rougher as you will not have as much sidewall to cushion the ride.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ram-Jam View Post
    Evening all. My 08 2500 came with the wrong rims on it when I bought it, not a big deal and now I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna be needing tires. Tire prices are what they are and I've been considering hunting down a set of 4th gen 20" rims and tires. I pull my Jeep on a trailer and my 33' camper with the truck. I like the looks of the black 4th gen setup and I think it'd be sharp on the black truck. I don't want any gaudy wide rims or aggresive tires, that's what the jeep is for. What needs to be done to reprogram the tpms sensors to make them jive, or do I need to just switch them out? In your opinion am I doing a dis service by putting a set of these on? My mechanic made a comment about putting 20's on but I couldn't get him to elaborate.
    If you are looking for comfort you should stick to 17" or 18" rims. I prefer 20" with - offsett because they make my truck look really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

6. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Not sure where you are located but I just took off the stock wheels/tires from my 2018 2500. Black 20" wheels and tires only have 700 miles on them.

I took them off so I could put on the "gaudy" wheels and aggressive tires you mentioned. LOL. I have a built Jeep too.

Anyway Im having issues with my TPMS warning light now. All four tires are running around 60lbs. and the sensor wants much higher. Dealership says Ill need to wait till a programer comes out with a fix. You would think it would be adjustable since many tires run lower than 85lbs. which is what the stock sensors are wanting.

8. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'm in central Minnesota. I did pick up a set of 4th gen black ones today. Still haven't figured out the tpms programming, might have to swap them from the old wheels to the new ones?

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post