Thanks Thanks:  83
Likes Likes:  228
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The New MM3 Switch Firmware Update

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: The New MM3 Switch Firmware Update

Quote Originally Posted by LVAIR1 View Post
    Ray retune mine in under 24 hours. Ray is definitely a great guy to work with no problems everything works just fine. TPMS. Works great. Just update your firmware. Good to go!!
    What are you able to do with the TPMS so far? Just lower the threshold? I almost updated my tunes with Ray when the most recent update came out! Glad I waited!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

2. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

I had updated my firmware to 2.2.2 my Rt worked ok. I later wanted to get the switch tunes. So I asked Ray to retune my truck. Ray was quick to send the retune file. Switch tunes and RT tunes work great. I keep my RT tunes at normal, usually run 60 around town every once in awhile I'll bump it up to 120 on the highway to see what it does I'm kind of a mellow guy not too wild. All the sound modifiers work great like the whistle tune, lope tune and the 12 valve tune. I usually don't switch to those on until my son comes home. Then I show him look what my truck can do and do and yours can't. As far as the new firmware update to 2.2.4 it added the TPMS. wish is huge for me. Yes you can change thresholds. I have played with it. No dash light under lower pressure now. Very happy. Ray retune doesn't add the TPMS. The firmware update will. Highly recommend you update to the new firmware & Ray's new switch tunes everything runs a lot faster and smoother.

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew 4X4 Leveled. MM3 delated with a 4 “ stainless Flo Pro by Double R Diesel.

3. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LVAIR1 View Post
    I had updated my firmware to 2.2.2 my Rt worked ok. I later wanted to get the switch tunes. So I asked Ray to retune my truck. Ray was quick to send the retune file. Switch tunes and RT tunes work great. I keep my RT tunes at normal, usually run 60 around town every once in awhile I'll bump it up to 120 on the highway to see what it does I'm kind of a mellow guy not too wild. All the sound modifiers work great like the whistle tune, lope tune and the 12 valve tune. I usually don't switch to those on until my son comes home. Then I show him look what my truck can do and do and yours can't. As far as the new firmware update to 2.2.4 it added the TPMS. wish is huge for me. Yes you can change thresholds. I have played with it. No dash light under lower pressure now. Very happy. Ray retune doesn't add the TPMS. The firmware update will. Highly recommend you update to the new firmware & Ray's new switch tunes everything runs a lot faster and smoother.
    Thanks for sharing your insight and info

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L deleted with RaceMe full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Toyo ATll 35/12.50/17 on factory rims , MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter ,
    EGR Cooler and EGR Delete , Throttle Valve Delete , Pyrometer hooked up to MM3 , New Intake

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, LVAIR1 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

If you haven’t updated to switch... I suggest you do it asap lol. It may be just an update but it’s night and day! It’s awesome. No more waiting 2 minutes to change the power level, maybe a second at the most now. I may of had a pretty old version of Ray’s tuning; it used to pull hard. Now, it pulls very hard in a way that makes the whole truck feel lighter. I’m getting better mpg’s too. I couldn’t be happier

6. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

I just bought a new to me 4th gen. Already deleted and tuned when I bought it. I purchased it from a dealer and therefore have no information from the previous owner. I had been researching the crap out of the 4th gens and 68fres and had already learned about DRD tuning from Ray. When I turned the key and saw that MM3 light up with the DRD logo I knew I had found the right truck to buy.

The truck already has all of the DRD tunes including the sound tunes and the RT set up.

It appears that because I am not the original purchaser of the tunes I will have to pay full price for a whole new set of tunes if I want the update to SWITCH. That is disappointing because it is a lot easier to swallow paying $200 for a retune than something close to $800 just to update what I kind of already have.

One question though. If I am not mistaken I can still do the firmware update for free and get the new TPMS adjustment feature correct? I just would not be getting the updated versions of my tunes?

If so I will probably do that. I just don't want to attempt to do the firmware update as described on the DRD website and find myself locked out and unable to operate my deleted truck...

Any one know if I can do the firmware updates when they come out even though my DRD tunes came with my truck when I bought it?

Thanks!

7. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Jaxonsram liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    I just bought a new to me 4th gen. Already deleted and tuned when I bought it. I purchased it from a dealer and therefore have no information from the previous owner. I had been researching the crap out of the 4th gens and 68fres and had already learned about DRD tuning from Ray. When I turned the key and saw that MM3 light up with the DRD logo I knew I had found the right truck to buy.

The truck already has all of the DRD tunes including the sound tunes and the RT set up.

It appears that because I am not the original purchaser of the tunes I will have to pay full price for a whole new set of tunes if I want the update to SWITCH. That is disappointing because it is a lot easier to swallow paying $200 for a retune than something close to $800 just to update what I kind of already have.

One question though. If I am not mistaken I can still do the firmware update for free and get the new TPMS adjustment feature correct? I just would not be getting the updated versions of my tunes?

If so I will probably do that. I just don't want to attempt to do the firmware update as described on the DRD website and find myself locked out and unable to operate my deleted truck...

Any one know if I can do the firmware updates when they come out even though my DRD tunes came with my truck when I bought it?

Thanks!
    Send Ray an email and ask him. Congratulations on your new truck friend!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, 35W HID fog lights,35W HID headlights, Lund Attitude Step Bars Sprayed Line-X, Window Vent Visors from EGR, LED Cargo, tag and backup lights, Windows Tinted, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50 18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/ Dark Tint, A.R.E. topper, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
    Past- 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Lone-Star Eco Diesel

9. Likes walla2k5, Jaxonsram liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Yes... ask Ray. If your current firmware is an older version and you update, you won't have any tunes at all.
    It's too bad the tuner won't recognize this and not allow you to update without asking specific permission.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

11. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Hey guys. Seems I need to chime here for some clarity.

Please understand that tuning support follows the purchaser, not the truck. So if someone buys a preowned truck that had our tuning on it, the new owner must buy new tuning for us to support it. Sorry if this makes a stink, but this is only way we can be fair to other customers and maintain our business.

As far as when old tunes are no good to go with the new firmware, you need to contact us directly. General rule of thumb, if tunes are 2 years old or older, they will not work at all with the new firmware. If your tunes are newer than that, they may work just fine with the new firmware. However, even if your tunes are new enough to work with the new firmware, but you don't already have switch tuning...then new tunes would have to be made to have the switch function to operate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

13. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

I had already contacted Ray directly, that's how I knew I couldn't just buy a retune for $200. I was just hesitant to keep peppering him with questions directly since I am not the original owner of the tunes and therefore he owes me nothing. Was hoping someone on here could tell me about the firmware update without having to take up Rays time.

Ray, since I'm not exactly sure how old my existing tunes are I will contact you directly once again to see if I can get by okay with updating the firmware.

Thank You

14. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

FYI for anyone else with the same question. Long story short, if you buy a truck that already has DRD tunes you do not own those tunes. The person that originally paid for them owns them forever.

If you want to update anything at any point you will need to buy all new tunes just as if you had a blank MM3 with nothing on it. About $700 right now

I found that a little disappointing but no hard feeling towards Ray, he is running a for profit business not a charity and I do believe he is "good people"

The ability to reprogram that dang TPMS light would be nice. (but not $700 nice) Nothing wrong with the tunes I have now so I'm just going to run them until I make a change that actually requires me to change something tune wise. EG, torque converter and valve body mods or the like.

15. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345