Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Axle U-joint recommendation

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Axle U-joint recommendation

My right axle u-joint started clicking and there's visible play so I will be replacing both next weekend.
    I started looking online for Spicer u-joints and it appears they don't make them for the 2010 and up axles?
    What I've found so far are the AAM 1555 non greaseable and the Moog 479 greaseable, and I'm not positive if the 479 will fit?

Just want to make sure I have the correct parts and the strongest replacement u-joint. I bought the truck used with 50,000 miles on it and I'm at 83,000 now, so I'm assuming these are the factory u-joint which are probably made by AAM.

So, does anyone have a recommendation, greaseable or non-greaseable?
    Are there any better options out there that I haven't found?
    Are these the correct part numbers for a 2011 4WD 3500?

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DDP Hooligan turbo, GDP Air Boss grid delete, S-2 Intake manifold and Mega-Flow TVM Grid Heater. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Axle U-joint recommendation

That is odd that Spicer doesn't have a replacement...
    Non-greaseable. Folks have a tendency to over grease and when grease can come out, water and dirt can get in. Non-greaseable are sealed better. Just my $0.02.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Likes watersupply189, Rtetrault, david3gen liked this post