Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  59
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5” Exhaust Install

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

So I just installed a FLO~PRO 5” turbo back system this weekend.

I’d like to pass along some lessons learned.

1. Jack up your tranny and drop the crossmember. It’s not hard at all and makes things MUCH easier.

2. The v band clamp on the turbo is going to be tight as hell. I probably wasted 30 mins poking at it with a screwdriver.

If you touch each side with an air chisel, it pops right off. Literally a second a side!

3. Loose fit everything first. You need to be able to manipulate connections to make it fit right!

hope that saves someone else a bit of frustration!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

@Nooch13 thank you for the tips.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Thanks Nooch13 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

Great tips for sure! We appreciate you taking the time my friend.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Nooch13 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

Thanks for the advice. I have the same exhaust on order and hope it comes in so I can install it this weekend.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Nooch13 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

I did the whole 5" Flo Pro by myself last Saturday. Started by going through and unhooking all connectors first. Then i started from the back to the front and had no issue with the cross member. When there just the down pipe left you have lots of room to take it out. For taking the v-band off I just used a small screw driver with a prying end. Popped off like nothing. Remember there is a gasket in there that you might want to reuse. Everything gets a lot easier with the inner wheel well taken out. I left mine in for removing the stock down pipe but had to take it out to get the new down pipe the seat in there properly. With 2 people it is no problem. Slide the v-band onto the turbo elbow, then one person lines up the down pipe and the other slides the v-band on. Good luck!

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SyN thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Likes Nooch13, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

Just installed a FloPro 5" on my '17 as well. The clamp came off fairly easily with some light prying. Didn't have to remove the crossmember, plenty of room to move everything around. Now, the installation of the new down pipe is a different story! Did it alone so that probably didn't help. I have BDS double shock hoops in the front, so no removing the wheel well and the back of the turbo is too deep in the engine compartment to reach (at least for me). I fiddled around with that down pipe for like three hours before I got it installed!! It's tough to balance that heavy pipe, reach way up into a tight area (8" lift on 37's), make sure the gasket is on right and install and tighten the clamp. Talk about frustration! I finally got it on...I have to go to church on Sunday. ;-) FYI, I put a little grease on the gasket to hold it in place...that worked pretty well. Then there were issues with the exhaust moving around after install. I fixed that by making sure the band clamps were torqued to at least 50 lbs and added three or four 5/16" self-tapping hex head screws at the joints. Everything works great now, solid as a rock. Installed a muffler with mine, love the sound! Thinking about one of those AR-15 tips, but 300 bones...not sure if I can convince mama on that one. ;-)

13. Likes Stevent85, cumminsbadgirl, SyN, Murph liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    Just installed a FloPro 5" on my '17 as well. The clamp came off fairly easily with some light prying. Didn't have to remove the crossmember, plenty of room to move everything around. Now, the installation of the new down pipe is a different story! Did it alone so that probably didn't help. I have BDS double shock hoops in the front, so no removing the wheel well and the back of the turbo is too deep in the engine compartment to reach (at least for me). I fiddled around with that down pipe for like three hours before I got it installed!! It's tough to balance that heavy pipe, reach way up into a tight area (8" lift on 37's), make sure the gasket is on right and install and tighten the clamp. Talk about frustration! I finally got it on...I have to go to church on Sunday. ;-) FYI, I put a little grease on the gasket to hold it in place...that worked pretty well. Then there were issues with the exhaust moving around after install. I fixed that by making sure the band clamps were torqued to at least 50 lbs and added three or four 5/16" self-tapping hex head screws at the joints. Everything works great now, solid as a rock. Installed a muffler with mine, love the sound! Thinking about one of those AR-15 tips, but 300 bones...not sure if I can convince mama on that one. ;-)
    Haha I struggled just like you the first time I did that down pipe! I did my wife's truck a year later and it went way smoother than the first time. I did not remove the cross member or lower trans....more work. Everything but the downpipe is a breeze.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

15. Likes jeepmanjr, cumminsbadgirl, SyN liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

5” Exhaust Install

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent85 View Post
    Haha I struggled just like you the first time I did that down pipe! I did my wife's truck a year later and it went way smoother than the first time. I did not remove the cross member or lower trans....more work. Everything but the downpipe is a breeze.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    LOL! Yeah...no problems the rest of the way back. It's too bad ya gotta do one first before you learn how to do one!

17. Likes Stevent85, cumminsbadgirl, SyN liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

5” Exhaust Install

Hello, I know this thread is old but wanted to say my tip.

I removed the passenger side wheel well and used a tiny bit of red gasket maker to hold the gasket while I added needle nose pliers to clamp them all together for a quick install.

Also if you have the clamp exhaust, I added exhaust tape in-between clamps to elimate the rattle.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

19. Likes Nciapponi, BlackBart, SyN, Murph liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast