Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Exhaust Brake After Tuning & Deletes?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Using Exhaust Brake After Tuning & Deletes?

Not sure if this has been covered before on here but I feel the need to ask the question myself. After doing the deletes on my truck and tuning it with the MM3 through DRD I had a guy that lives near me that does alot of work on diesel trucks tell me "Do Not Use The Exhaust Brake Now That My Motor Has Been Tuned". He told me that since the motor is now tuned with my programmer that if I use my exhaust brake now that my chances of blowing a head gasket have increased a lot more than they would have if I was using the exhaust brake when my truck was left the way it was from the factory. Anybody got any advice on if this is true or not because if it is then I may be getting head studs sooner than I was planning?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Using Exhaust Brake After Tuning & Deletes?

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHER View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered before on here but I feel the need to ask the question myself. After doing the deletes on my truck and tuning it with the MM3 through DRD I had a guy that lives near me that does alot of work on diesel trucks tell me "Do Not Use The Exhaust Brake Now That My Motor Has Been Tuned". He told me that since the motor is now tuned with my programmer that if I use my exhaust brake now that my chances of blowing a head gasket have increased a lot more than they would have if I was using the exhaust brake when my truck was left the way it was from the factory. Anybody got any advice on if this is true or not because if it is then I may be getting head studs sooner than I was planning?
    I’ve never heard that. And I don’t understand the reasoning behind it (granted, I don’t know a lot about the actual mechanics/physics behind it). I’ve been deleted with the RaceMe Ultra Box tunes for just over a year and use the exhaust brake all the time.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I have run my exhaust brake full time since I tuned mine, no problems. It may depend on the tune, if it was a problem I am sure Ray would tell everyone.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Here’s my advice...don’t take advice from that guy!! Use the exhaust brake full time!! Keeps the Turbo clean and the mechanisms free!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I agree with all above. I'm going on 5 years with Ray's tuning on my truck and I run the EB all the time with no issues at all.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Someone is hitting the pipe too hard.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

LOL i have used my exhaust brake for around 44k miles when i had mine done. No issues at all. I agree! Don't take advice from that guy LOL. I get that some people don't know but at least get the facts straight before telling someone something like that LOL

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks yall for the feedback on that, not sure what his reasoning was in thinking that. He mentioned it would have increased back pressure once it was tuned but I was thinking there would be less back pressure after it was deleted, either way that helps ease my fears!

15. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Exhaust brake only works when you’re off of the throttle. You’ll be just fine with it on.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

17. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHER View Post
    Total BS I’ve always use my exhaust break no problems what’soever haven’t heard of this at all I got about 41,000 miles since being deleted

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

19. Likes cumminsbadgirl, Ig25 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast