Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  78
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

What did you use to plug off the line to the turbo? I know most folks are using 3/4 heater hose I had that s&b filter kit ordered but after reading some reviews of it just leaking oil ever where I cancelled the order and gona just go with heater hose routed to the bottom of the frame. On my old 08 6.7 guy deleted it before me just had a hose with a bolt stuck in it. Pretty crappy looking I thought but it worked. Any ideas on something that doesn’t look horrible or cheap looking to plug the line off?

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Blatham3 View Post
    What did you use to plug off the line to the turbo? I know most folks are using 3/4 heater hose I had that s&b filter kit ordered but after reading some reviews of it just leaking oil ever where I cancelled the order and gona just go with heater hose routed to the bottom of the frame. On my old 08 6.7 guy deleted it before me just had a hose with a bolt stuck in it. Pretty crappy looking I thought but it worked. Any ideas on something that doesn’t look horrible or cheap looking to plug the line off?
    Hose, bolt and hose clamp here. No issues in 40ish thousand miles.
    You made the right choice cancelling the kit. You'd have a big mess of oil all over your exhaust manifold.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Blatham3 View Post
    3/4" heater bypass cap. Check out eBay.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

funny if the mm3 can't read it correctly why even have it as an option.....funny I keep finding things the MM3 can't do that the edge insight was able to do. Really wish that mm3 would get these things fixed!

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

Thanks!!!

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

Has anyone ever got a CEL for this?

2013 2500 CCSB 4x4 (68RFE) 5” FlowPro TBE W/Twister, MM3 Tuned by DRD, TVD, EGR Delete, Shibby plug kit, 2” level kit, Bilstien 5100, 35” Ridge Grapplers, 20” XD Addict wheels, N-fab 3 step Nerf bars, AMP rear Step, Firestone air-bags, Torque Lift stable loads.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonKiller View Post
    Has anyone ever got a CEL for this?
    No CEL here, close to 2 years running without CCV filter.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

Why dont you just change the CCV filter every 60K?

2013 2500 CCSB 4x4 (68RFE) 5” FlowPro TBE W/Twister, MM3 Tuned by DRD, TVD, EGR Delete, Shibby plug kit, 2” level kit, Bilstien 5100, 35” Ridge Grapplers, 20” XD Addict wheels, N-fab 3 step Nerf bars, AMP rear Step, Firestone air-bags, Torque Lift stable loads.

16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

At the end of the day just leave the CCV system alone. Its not hurting anything.

Just service the dang filter every 60k.

CCV isn't damaging to your engine like EGR.

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

The most I’ve gotten on my crankcase pressure is .33 psi.

I would say that the most might be 0.5 psi if you get on it.

My filters are not gutted, and the hose is open to the atmosphere.

What is your guy's crankcase pressure in psi reading with it still hooked up to the intake with the negative pressure from the turbocharger?

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast