I did the CCV reroute last Thursday on my 2011 3500. Also installed my new DRD tune with the MM3. I wanted to talk about my observations with the reroute and see what y’all think about it.

On the MM3 I can monitor crankcase pressure. First, I never monitored the CC pressure prior to the reroute, so I don’t know what the reading was before any work was done.

I removed the huge CCV filter and gutted it. Using a power scraper, I was able to get every last bit of filter media and glue off of the upper half of the filter assembly. Then I re-installed that bare upper half and bolted the cover back on. Next I clamped a 6ft 3/4” hose to the outlet and ran it down to the frame, just under the passenger door. Also plugged the inlet down by the turbo.

So, with this reroute installed, the MM3 CC pressure reads 37psi at idle. Then drops down towards 0-2 psi as I accelerate. The 37 psi reading at idle makes me feel uneasy. Like something just isn’t working right. SO, tonight I unrouted the reroute and put it back to factory CCV with a brand new Fleetguard CCV filter.

Fired up the truck and immediately found that CC pressure on the MM3 is now at 0.4 psi at idle. Seems to indicate to me, that something just doesn’t work right when the intake system is not creating some suction on the CCV.

Id love to hear some thoughts on this.