Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  78
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: CCV Reroute - Bad Idea?

So I'm new around here, and it seems like this thread got brought back from the dead, but it still doesn't seem to offer a consensus, IMHO.

Are CCV reroutes worth it on a low carb 6.7 Cummins, or is it better to leave it in place and replace filters every 60k?

I ask because I'm about to hit 60k on mine and wonder if I should delete/reroute CCV while I'm in there putting everything else on a diet.

* '17 CCLB G56 Laramie 4x4 - MM3 Tuned & Low Carb, Banks Grid Heater Delete, TV Delete, S&B CAI, 4" Turbo Back, Flo-Pro Muffler, Valair Quiet Dual Disc, CAT Fuel Filter Kit, Leveled, 18" Method 315 in Gold, 35" Toyo OC A/T II, HID Projectors, HLR LED Fogs, Infinity Speaker Upgrades, Line-X Platinum, WeatherTech Guards, XPEL Prime XR+
    * '02 WS6 M6 - ASC#3001 "Last of the Breed" - Full Suspension, CIE, on 18x11 Copper/Black CCW Classics.
    * '19 Triumph Speed Triple RS - Lots of Twill Carbon Fiber, SC Project Low Mount

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 17_G56 View Post
    So I'm new around here, and it seems like this thread got brought back from the dead, but it still doesn't seem to offer a consensus, IMHO.

Are CCV reroutes worth it on a low carb 6.7 Cummins, or is it better to leave it in place and replace filters every 60k?

I ask because I'm about to hit 60k on mine and wonder if I should delete/reroute CCV while I'm in there putting everything else on a diet.
    Personally, if it hasn't broken, don't fix it.

I left mine in place and change it out every 60k or sooner if it becomes too saturated.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks 17_G56, IGOTACUMMINS, Blademan thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, Blademan liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Logically, if there is a crankcase pressure sensor and not sensing any high pressure, one may figure the pressure is okay.

Not much difference with or without the filter in place and the tube to the atmosphere.

It will start if the pressure is high enough to trigger a cell.

The cell may be at different mileage, but the point is that the sensor informs us of high pressure.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

I gutted two filters and made it so I could have the top and bottom pieces put back together without the media inside.

I have had zero issues with it, and the nasty blow drips down and not back into my motor.

8. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

I have wanted to remove the crankcase vent tube from my turbo, but I am also concerned about oil sweat all over underneath the truck.

Maybe I will run a 3/4 hose down the frame to a location near the truck's rear.

Open to suggestions.

Filters, PCV, and one-way check valves gum up with oil frequently and constantly require cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Crankcase pressures in my 6.7L had been running 0.12-0.3 or higher, depending on the RPM.

Recently, I've noticed the idle pressure is higher (0.2).

After replacing the filter, the pressure at idle is at 0.08., and the pressure is PSI.

12. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Correction: the psi at idle is 0.03 and 0.04 at highway speed.

The ventilation hose is routed down behind passenger side coil spring to atmosphere.

14. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123