I have some questions I hope someone can help me with.

Just bought a new 18 2500 6.7. Sold an 03 5.9 that I bought new 15 years ago. To date I have no real experience with tuning, engine modifications etc. so I have a lot to learn.

After watching many of the DRD videos I am really intrigued and interested in the emissions complaint tuning. I have emissions testing here and thus am not really interested in deleting things that would create a fail. Im less concerned about my warranty although it is still a consideration as well. The improved power and sound from the DRD tuning is impressive and looks to be something Id like to add.

My questions - (I did email DRD and have gotten responses but Im left with just as many questions after and they seem busy...) Please help.

1) DRD mentions that the tuner is not recommended for trucks with over 50,000 miles. Thats fine as mine has about 60 total miles on it right now. But in about 3-4 years Ill be up to 50k. What happens then? DRD says it could become plugged up and then I would need to replace the stock exhaust or delete it. So if I understand - at some point before or around 50k my truck is going to have issues relating to a clogged exhaust. If I want to continue to pass emissions testing Id need to replace the exhaust system with one that is stock. Is that correct? What sort of costs would I be looking at for that? What have any of you done who have to pass emission testing? Do you delete and then put it all back on?

2) We get tested every two years here. At that time what do I do with the tuner? DRD says to remove and flash back to stock. I assume that means I simply take the tuner out of the truck, plug the ERG plug back in and then do something that makes the truck run stock again - referred to as "flash"?

3) Having never ran a tuner before I struggle a bit with understanding them. DRD has "tunes" producing 30, 60, 90 hp. increases. I assume this is very noticeable otherwise who would spend close to $1,500 ish for tuning. Those of you who have ran emissions compliant tuning - is it a noticeable difference? Are you running a "tune" always or just on occasion?

4) Sound - One DRD Video I saw discussed the 12V sound tune being available to those with emission compliant tuning. Ive also heard that you can only get those sounds if the exhaust is deleted. What is the case?

Thanks for any help. Other advise and/or comments are very welcome too.