Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  106
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emissions compliant tuning

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Emissions compliant tuning

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    Pulled the trigger and ordered the DRD EGRLESS system with the pod and EGT probe. Should have it in a few days.

Spoke to JJ at DRD and was informed that they no longer have sound tunes available for Emissions Compliant systems which is a little disappointing but understandable as they said some trucks were having issues. It is sounding like Ill be wanting to delete the exhaust system in the future anyway - hopefully finding a way which will still pass emissions testing. JJ mentioned that some of the emissions crap we have on the 6.7 might not even be on the next gen trucks... maybe I should have waited another year or two to buy.. Hmmm.
    I did not know sound tunes got discontinued. The lack of DPF, EGR, and/ or SCR for the future is rumored, but from a reputable source. 2020 is what they are saying. There is a thread about it somewhere on here.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Just wanted to say to our forum @PWRWAGN

I use to live in California and as you, lived with the testing. But when I retired gave up on all that .. shall we say 'stuff' so I don't offend anyone .. and move where I can live as I want. Never looked back ...

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome @AnOldBiker

I live in Idaho and you would think that a very Red state like Idaho wouldn't have all of the testing.. but there are a couple counties that do it and I live in one. Im surrounded by counties that doesn't which adds to the frustration.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

My package from DRD showed up today... Will start the install in the next day or two. Question for anyone who might know... I won't have my lift/37s for another week or two (waiting on shipping still) - would it be a problem to run the tunes without the larger tires on when I believe DRD set the tuner up for the larger tires? Should I install and just not run the tuning? Should I install and just adjust tire size (assuming thats possible)?

Thoughts?

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PWRWAGN View Post
    My package from DRD showed up today... Will start the install in the next day or two. Question for anyone who might know... I won't have my lift/37s for another week or two (waiting on shipping still) - would it be a problem to run the tunes without the larger tires on when I believe DRD set the tuner up for the larger tires? Should I install and just not run the tuning? Should I install and just adjust tire size (assuming thats possible)?

Thoughts?
    your choice, only thing it should do is to set the speedo off a bit.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

According to the DRD FAQ you can adjust speedo settings by changing tire size right from the display. Nothing else with tuner would be adversely affected.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info @kayakersteve and @F350Cummins

Couple more questions now that I have it installed and have been using it.

1) Can I select a tune "on the fly" or do I need to be sitting still idling after start up waiting for it to load?

2) I have not set the tuner up to start with a specific tune at start up. Does this mean its running stock if I don't select a tune?

3) Do most of you set it up so it always runs a tune like a 60HP tune at start up?

4) What do you all use for towing? Do you turn on the tow/haul mode on the truck? Do you turn off the overdrive, limit shifting to 5 gears etc.?

5) What are you all showing on your display? What gauges have you chose?

6) Regarding the speedometer after I up my tire size. Probably a silly question but I assume when I adjust the tire size in the MM3 it will correctly adjust the speedometer on the MM3 display but the speedometer on the truck will be off right? The MM3 doesn't control any of the truck displays right?

Thanks a lot for the help. Theses my first tuner so Im still learning some of the basics.

11. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

1) Can I select a tune "on the fly" or do I need to be sitting still idling after start up waiting for it to load?

You can select on the fly, but for distraction reasons it is recommended to change at a stop.

2) I have not set the tuner up to start with a specific tune at start up. Does this mean its running stock if I don't select a tune?

No, This means it is running whatever you told Ray you wanted as the base tune. It runes the base tune until requested otherwise.

3) Do most of you set it up so it always runs a tune like a 60HP tune at start up?

I have never set a "start up tune" as it always starts on my 30 tune, as per what I told Ray to be my base tune.

4) What do you all use for towing? Do you turn on the tow/haul mode on the truck? Do you turn off the overdrive, limit shifting to 5 gears etc.?

I run my 60 when towing, and run in tow haul mode. If towing very heavy I will limit a gear. (68RFE in my truck)

5) What are you all showing on your display? What gauges have you chose?

I chose, RPM, RP, Speed, boost, and voltage. I still have to install my EGT probe.

6) Regarding the speedometer after I up my tire size. Probably a silly question but I assume when I adjust the tire size in the MM3 it will correctly adjust the speedometer on the MM3 display but the speedometer on the truck will be off right? The MM3 doesn't control any of the truck displays right?

Correct, by adjusting tire size it changes something in the ECU (or whatever computer it is stored in) telling it the tire size is different. the MM3 does not control the gauges of the truck.

@pwrgagn I hope that answers your questions.

2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty

6 in a row makes her go

13. Thanks PWRWAGN, CSC5150, 25-06 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post

@pwrgagn I hope that answers your questions.
    Yes! Greatly appreciated...

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast