Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air bags on Daily

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Air bags on Daily

I have a 2018 Ram 2500 which I believe is still leaf springs. Would air bags even on a daily at like 10lbs help the leaf springs last longer? Or completely useless? I'm picking up a trailer in a few months, but don't have one now. I still won't be hauling more than say 10klbs. Just curious if the airbags would still help the truck w/o pulling/towing or useless?

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Air bags on Daily

Quote Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
    I have a 2018 Ram 2500 which I believe is still leaf springs. Would air bags even on a daily at like 10lbs help the leaf springs last longer? Or completely useless? I'm picking up a trailer in a few months, but don't have one now. I still won't be hauling more than say 10klbs. Just curious if the airbags would still help the truck w/o pulling/towing or useless?
    Airbags are an awesome addition and well worth money especially when you add a pull trailer or fifth wheel

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I was thinking that all the 2500’s after 2013 or 14 we’re all coil springs on the rear. I think the 3500’s are still leaf springs on the back. I’ve had helper airbags on all of my trucks before this one and they’re worth it. I’m actually planning on ordering airbags from Kelderman and doing away with my rear coils-running airbags only. They’re stuff is a little pricey but nice stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Likes TakeAwayTheFear, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Yes the 2500s have coils. I have an 18 and am really thinking about getting some as I haul campers for work and the heavy 5th wheels really make me squat. The one pictures weighed 11,700lbs IMG_20180503_140201_546.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Air bags on a daily driver without a load are a waste. I hate the squat, but the ride is better with a load. Replacing the coils with bags is an awesome option, one that I considered. When I looked at lift kits, the Kelderman kit was at the top of my list but at $10,000 was out of my price range. Maybe one day I will replace my 8" BDS kit with a 10" Kelderman.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You don't replace the coils with bags right? I thought the bags were just an addition and a bolt on? Sorry, just confirming.

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

You don't replace the coils with bags right? I thought the bags were just an addition and a bolt on? Sorry, just confirming.
    Helper bags are in addition, you can also replace coils with airbags for a full air ride. Check our Kelderman Manufacturing

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

13. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Just installing Kelderman front and back bags on a 2500 and yes they replace the springs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Going with kelderman is definitely a great way to get better feeling suspension.

Regular bags that go on top of your springs or axle will not help with ride quality.

Let me know if interested in any kelderman stuff. We are a dealer and give first time customer discounts!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I would add air bags and keep your coil springs or leaf springs also good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast