Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  28

Thread: Zero Throttle response

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Zero Throttle response

So i got a DTC, "boost control module reading", and i cleared it with the truck on/ not running. Code cleared out and the dash went nuts for a few seconds. Everything returned to normal on the dash and I moved on. Waited about 10 befor starting the truck up again and whem i did, i had zero throttle. Nothing. Small panic attach, but pulled over in a parking lot and reloaded my tunes. After start up the problem solved its self. Trucks back to normal. Anyone have some insights or simular experiences?

2014 2500 srw, 68RFE. 25000 miles, about 6k with the tunes (DRD mm3 lite)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Zero Throttle response

This seems to be a common theme and is usually associated with low battery voltage. DRD has a write up around here somewhere that explains everything. I'll see if I can dig it up. BTW I had a similar event when I left the key on, but the pickup not running, no throttle response. Let it charge for a few and I was golden.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I did have the radio on for the 10 or more min while I was waiting for the kids to get out of school. That would explain the low voltage.

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just read the write up you linked to. The radio on for 10+ min was the culprit. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bajaben View Post
    Just read the write up you linked to. The radio on for 10+ min was the culprit. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Any time, friend.

10. Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yup battery issues.....you would think the trucks would not drain them so fast. Honestly this truck drains them faster than anything i have ever owned or worked on.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Glad you got it figured out bud! These newer trucks are so dang finicky..... drives me nuts but i love them LOL

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post