Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 68RFE rebuild

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE rebuild

Hey all I bought a used 2013 Cummins in February and when I bought it I made sure to put it through it's paces because it was tuned with a raceme (any thoughts on those would be appreciated too) and it withstood everything I threw at it but now it has started to flare going into 6th and when you floor it 6th disappears and I just have high rpms until I let off. So I was in the market for a fully built transmission but fortunately for me I found the girl I'm going to marry so I've got a wedding to pay for and a high dollar transmission just isn't an option. So I've been looking at rebuild kits from both Suncoast and revmax as well as looking at upgrading my valve body. What are everyones thoughts on rebuild kits, upgraded valve bodies or maybe there are options I don't know of that would be better! Thanks in advance!

2. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE rebuild

I dread the day when this happens to my truck. I do not have the skill or time to rebuild myself so I will be getting a RevMax replacement transmission when the time comes.

Anxious to see which way you go with this and how it turns out. We have a couple transmission gurus around here that should chime in shortly.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota.McArtor View Post
    Hey all I bought a used 2013 Cummins in February and when I bought it I made sure to put it through it's paces because it was tuned with a raceme (any thoughts on those would be appreciated too) and it withstood everything I threw at it but now it has started to flare going into 6th and when you floor it 6th disappears and I just have high rpms until I let off. So I was in the market for a fully built transmission but fortunately for me I found the girl I'm going to marry so I've got a wedding to pay for and a high dollar transmission just isn't an option. So I've been looking at rebuild kits from both Suncoast and revmax as well as looking at upgrading my valve body. What are everyones thoughts on rebuild kits, upgraded valve bodies or maybe there are options I don't know of that would be better! Thanks in advance!
    Congrats on getting married when it’s time the trannies are so damn expensive even just upgraded in valve bodies and torque converters your looking at a few thousands that’s if you have the skills to do it yourself if you have to have someone rebuild it even more your best bet may just be to bite the bullet and get a replacement from RevMax or Suncoast stay away from ATS good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thank you I appreciate it!! So you would upgrade the TC as well?? That's the thing even the signature 550 is $5,400 without installation. If I did revmax's high performance rebuild kit it's 799 with the their valve body its another 799 I think and I'm not sure what a shop would charge to do that because I don't have the skills to do that at all. I appreciate the feedback!!

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank you I appreciate it!! So you would upgrade the TC as well?? That's the thing even the signature 550 is $5,400 without installation. If I did revmax's high performance rebuild kit it's 799 with the their valve body its another 799 I think and I'm not sure what a shop would charge to do that because I don't have the skills to do that at all. I appreciate the feedback!!
    At least a couple grand trans work is expensive I have my own transmission guy and it would cost me that and he cuts me a tremendous break on prices talk to Clayton at DDP for prices on RevMax parts and transmissions

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If you become a LPM member you’ll get discount from many of the vendors on here

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    At least a couple grand trans work is expensive I have my own transmission guy and it would cost me that and he cuts me a tremendous break on prices talk to Clayton at DDP for prices on RevMax parts and transmissions

Thank ya Mr. Dan!

Ill shoot you a pm bud and we can go over some details to get you where you need to be.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Shoot me a message when you get your inbox cleared out my friend!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Message sent sir!!

Thanks HK for the info! Do you know how many hours would go into something like that???

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Message sent sir!!

Thanks HK for the info! Do you know how many hours would go into something like that???
    Most likely a couple days if your getting it rebuilt maybe a week depends on so many things and factors bud good luck

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast