Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 68RFE rebuild

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Talk to Clayton of DDP he will be able to hook you up
    I've been talking to him, he's a good guy. Mainly wanting to get some feedback from anyone that has gone one way or the other and to see if there are other factors/things to be on the lookout for.

2018 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4
    Coffman Customs built RevMax 700 68RFE, Stainless Diesel 464/83/1.0 with 2nd Gen Manifold
    Banks 4" Monster Ram and Grid Heater Delete, 5" Flo Pro with Twister resonator, ARP 625s, MM3 by DRD, Thuren Overlanding shocks, Thuren 2.75" front coils, Thuren rear coils, Thuren front and rear track bars, RC dual steering stabilizer and steering box brace, 305/70/18 Mastercraft MXTs on 18x9 +18 Vision, Fab Fours front bumper

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Talk to Clayton of DDP he will be able to hook you up
    Thanks for the support my friend! Can’t thank you enough!

He is definitely in good hands and I want to make sure he chooses what works best for him. The two options are extremely difficult so I. May have made the decision a tad harder LOL but hey I want him to know the best of the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, Hootie liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

The best decision to you could make it drop the girl and buy a built transmission... Then injectors, turbo, heck twin turbos....

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Who did your trans tune?

Damm 2018 with that little miles and tranny is dead....kinda scary!

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fjimmy123 View Post
    Who did your trans tune?

Damm 2018 with that little miles and tranny is dead....kinda scary!
    Weeeeelllll...... Fun story.

Trailered my truck 6 hours to get a Revmax 700 installed by a friend's shop in Amarillo. Great guy by the way, went out of his way to get my new trans built and installed super short notice. He calls me while putting the first 50 break-in miles on the new trans and says "Describe to me what it was doing before you brought it in" I asked "why? Is it still doing the same thing?"........

Long story short, idiot me did not get all 12 of the injector wires tightened down enough when doing my ARP 625s and they were all loose and causing the "surging" and "shuddering" I was feeling when driving. Fuel cut-off, not a transmission issue.

On the plus side, I now have a badass transmission!

Felt like I should at least defend Dodge and their 68RFE as my 2018 factory trans with barely 9,000 miles on it was more than likely in perfect condition. Live and learn I suppose!

2018 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4
    Coffman Customs built RevMax 700 68RFE, Stainless Diesel 464/83/1.0 with 2nd Gen Manifold
    Banks 4" Monster Ram and Grid Heater Delete, 5" Flo Pro with Twister resonator, ARP 625s, MM3 by DRD, Thuren Overlanding shocks, Thuren 2.75" front coils, Thuren rear coils, Thuren front and rear track bars, RC dual steering stabilizer and steering box brace, 305/70/18 Mastercraft MXTs on 18x9 +18 Vision, Fab Fours front bumper

10. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ogradydds View Post

Trailered my truck 6 hours to get a Revmax 700 installed by a friend's shop in Amarillo. Great guy by the way, went out of his way to get my new trans built and installed super short notice. He calls me while putting the first 50 break-in miles on the new trans and says "Describe to me what it was doing before you brought it in" I asked "why? Is it still doing the same thing?"........

Long story short, idiot me did not get all 12 of the injector wires tightened down enough when doing my ARP 625s and they were all loose and causing the "surging" and "shuddering" I was feeling when driving. Fuel cut-off, not a transmission issue.

Felt like I should at least defend Dodge and their 68RFE as my 2018 factory trans with barely 9,000 miles on it was more than likely in perfect condition. Live and learn I suppose!

Glad you were taken care of my friend!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ogradydds View Post

That's a heck of a lesson. The good news is that you will not have to think twice about your transmission for as long as you own the truck.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123