Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Tailgate gap

1. Top Of Page | #1

Tailgate gap

I was cleaning my truck today and I noticed the gap on my tailgate is off pretty bad. It’s kicked over to the passenger side and you can barely slip a credit card in there. Why would this happen it’s a 2017 Ram. I installed one of those deezee struts so it opens softly but I can’t see why this would make it be off. I never noticed it till today so I’m not sure if it was always like that. I’m going to attach pictures in a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Tailgate gap

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Try taking the passenger side off and sliding it farther on the drivers side. It’s like a sleeve that slides on and then the drivers is just like a claw shaped that’s rests on there. You have to open it at the right angles to get it to go on and off.

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren 1.75” Springs | Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar | S&B CAI | Airlift Airbags |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

I took the whole gate off and couldn’t get it to budge at all. There has to be some adjustment. I find it hard to believe that you can’t get the alignment right.

6. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

On my 2011 there is a Tailgate Pivot Bushing in the passenger's side mount. When I had some hail damage repaired, they forgot to replace it and mine looked the same way. I ordered mine from Amazon, Tail Gate Bushing - Mopar (55372948AB)

See item #2

Tailgate Pivot Bushing.jpg

Last edited by 4kids2dogs&RV; 04-26-2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

8. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

I wish mine was missing that piece and it would be easy but it’s there.

10. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Wow, that’s a big gap difference, can you take it to a dealership and have them look at it ?
    Somethings gotta be missing or just mis-aligned from the manufacturing plant?

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

12. Top Of Page | #8

I noticed that the rubber bumpers on the sides are what’s causing the misalignment. I shimmed one side with more rubber and it fixed it pretty well. I’m going to think of a better idea in the mean time because it’s not perfect yet but at least it’s better.

13. Likes walla2k5, Power247 liked this post