Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After-Turbo Turn Down Exhaust

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

After-Turbo Turn Down Exhaust

Hello everyone! Recently deleted my truck with Double R Diesel and couldn’t be happier with it. I’ve done a little bit of research and haven’t found too much on this topic so I wanted to start a new one and get your guys’ opinions. I understand a lot of you are not shy in belittling us who want loud trucks, so please be nice. I’m not here to argue.

I currently have a 5 inch straight pipe with which I removed the last section and made it an axle dump. Problem is, I hate how much this thing wobbles back and forth (it’s a good 3 or 4 inches at least). With that said, I was thinking of eliminating most of the exhaust and just leave the down pipe with a turn down tip. Anybody done this? I’m all for seeing what it will sound like. Just wanted to see if you guys have done this and what size tip and where you got it from.

Thank you all!
    D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: After-Turbo Turn Down Exhaust

What’s your setup? I have a CCLB with a 5” flo pro and I did the exact same thing with my exhaust. Mine doesn’t move that much, I love my setup. Straight pipe is where it’s at!

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren 1.75” Springs | Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar | S&B CAI | Airlift Airbags |

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BraedenDore View Post
    What’s your setup? I have a CCLB with a 5” flo pro and I did the exact same thing with my exhaust. Mine doesn’t move that much, I love my setup. Straight pipe is where it’s at!

2016 3500 CCLB AS69RC 3:42 | MM3 Tuned by DoubleRDiesel | 5" Flopro TBE | Thuren 1.75” Springs | Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks | Thuren Adjustable Track Bar | S&B CAI | Airlift Airbags |
    Ok great! It’s a mega cab short bed. What tip did you use? Size? Is it pretty loud?

Oh are you saying you have an axle dump that doesn’t wobble around too much?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trainingwheels View Post
    Ok great! It’s a mega cab short bed. What tip did you use? Size? Is it pretty loud?

Oh are you saying you have an axle dump that doesn’t wobble around too much?

Ya I have a 5” and didn’t use the last piece of the kit to make an axle dump. I have a 5-6” x I believe 18” tip. It doesn’t wobble around much at all. It’s pretty loud haha, but I daily drive it and haul a slide in camper. Doesn’t bother me or the wife and kid.

2016 3500 SRW CCLB 3:42 AS69RC. 5" Flopro straight pipe, MM3 tuned by DoubleRDiesel. Plans for a 700+hp daily driver.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ya I have a 5” and didn’t use the last piece of the kit to make an axle dump. I have a 5-6” x I believe 18” tip. It doesn’t wobble around much at all. It’s pretty loud haha, but I daily drive it and haul a slide in camper. Doesn’t bother me or the wife and kid.

Ok I gotcha. Yeah, I like the sound now. And the wife likes it. Says it’s loud but isn’t annoying while cruising. I daily drive it as well. I was just trying to see if anyone has a turn down just after the downpipe so you don’t even really see the exhaust.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ok I gotcha. Yeah, I like the sound now. And the wife likes it. Says it’s loud but isn’t annoying while cruising. I daily drive it as well. I was just trying to see if anyone has a turn down just after the downpipe so you don’t even really see the exhaust.

I’m not sure if the hangers are the same for a mega cab vs a long box but maybe check and see if you can tighten your exhaust up a bit. Might eliminate the wobble.

A turn down tip off the down pipe might cause excessive in cab noise being right under the cab but worth a try to see if you like it or not.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I’m not sure if the hangers are the same for a mega cab vs a long box but maybe check and see if you can tighten your exhaust up a bit. Might eliminate the wobble.

A turn down tip off the down pipe might cause excessive in cab noise being right under the cab but worth a try to see if you like it or not.

It’s a shot. I was reading some people loosen the clamps, let the truck run and let the exhaust settle, then tighten everything down. I’m just not sure if that would fix it. It seems like the stock exhaust rubber hangers are just too flexible. The truck is a 2013 with about 69,500 miles. Maybe I need new rubber hangers? I wonder how annoying right off the turbo would be...

Also, the flopro I have is stainless steal. That’s heavier than the aluminum pipe they offer I’m sure. I wonder if the extra weight rocks more.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

It’s a shot. I was reading some people loosen the clamps, let the truck run and let the exhaust settle, then tighten everything down. I’m just not sure if that would fix it. It seems like the stock exhaust rubber hangers are just too flexible. The truck is a 2013 with about 69,500 miles. Maybe I need new rubber hangers? I wonder how annoying right off the turbo would be...

Also, the flopro I have is stainless steal. That’s heavier than the aluminum pipe they offer I’m sure. I wonder if the extra weight rocks more.

Mine is the stainless kit as well and I used all the rubber hangers. If you want a more ridged system you could maybe weld the hangers? Defiantly worth a shot tightening everything up too.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

If I was single, I’d totally dump it under the cab!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

^^^^this!! But I'm not single so I have 4" with the factory muffler/resonator.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast