Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: Gauges - Gear doesn’t read right

1. Top Of Page | #1

Gauges - Gear doesn’t read right

When I monitor what gear the trans is in it’s pretty much never correct other than 6th gear.
    When the trans shifts it doesn’t change on the monitor. I can be driving on the highway in 6th, go to pass, the trans clearly downshifts yet no change on the monitor.

My mini maxx was always spot on and even showed when the torque converter was locked.

Anybody else with similar issues when monitoring GEAR?

2012 2500 with 68RFE

2012 Ram 2500, 325/60/20 bfg k/o2, 20" Fuel Kranks, 5” Flo Pro tbe, fully deleted w/mm3 tuner, ARP 625

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Gauges - Gear doesn’t read right

I know on my Ultra, there are two different gear readouts...one had weird readings but the other is correct. I’ll check later and see which PID I use. Should be the same on MM3 I believe.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

4. Thanks Nightkrawler thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm still figuring out my MM3 as well. On mine, I found that if I start driving before the gauges come up on the MM3 several things get wacky. Same with changing RT tunes at a stoplight and light turns green before it finishes loading. Transmission as well as boost seem to be the most sensitive to this.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks Nightkrawler thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I'm still figuring out my MM3 as well. On mine, I found that if I start driving before the gauges come up on the MM3 several things get wacky. Same with changing RT tunes at a stoplight and light turns green before it finishes loading. Transmission as well as boost seem to be the most sensitive to this.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    I’m not changing any of the RT tunes. But yeah I bet there would be some kind of delay in the gauge read outs if done while driving.

Getting used to it too myself. I couldn’t get my pyro to read on the monitor either until I found out that not only are there EGT pyro settings/options 1,2,3 and 4. But there’s also a another/separate mm3 EGT pyro setting.

2012 Ram 2500, 325/60/20 bfg k/o2, 20" Fuel Kranks, 5” Flo Pro tbe, fully deleted w/mm3 tuner, ARP 625

8. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It's a flaw in the firmware. I brought this up a while back about my Ultra
    I only have a single option for transmission and when selected it's always in the same gear no matter what the trans is in. Including if it's in park
    The MM3 seems to have a lot of the same issues

10. Likes watersupply189, Nightkrawler liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

On my Ultra, I use "Present Gear" under transmission
    Works great, have no issues, even changed to -1 when in reverse

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

12. Thanks Nightkrawler thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Works great, have no issues, even changed to -1 when in reversehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b57e803846.jpg

Good info bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Likes Nightkrawler, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Works great, have no issues, even changed to -1 when in reversehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b57e803846.jpg

Present Gear does the trick. Thanks for the input. How it’s different than Actual Gear I don’t know. You would think Actual Gear and Present Gear would be the same.