Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regen

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Regen

Okay guys and gals,
    Just returned from a trip to Lake Placid region of NY about a 3 hr trip truck ran great.
    Then on the return trip i get an engine light, oh crap.
    Then the EVIC starts chiming in and it tells me i am at 100% on the exhaust filter DPF i assume.
    Next i get Regeneration needed now on the EVIC, then i am waiting for limp mode to start.
    The EVIC then gives a notice that there will be a reduction of power, but wait there's more.
    So here i am on the NYS Northway heading home all this is going on in a sleet storm and then NOTHING Happens
    I still have the engine light but thats it. EVIC is now clear did a little looking and from what i can find the Regen mode must be initialized by a OBD2 scanner, is it possible i had a Regen and thats it?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Regen

Okay went to the truck and pulled 4 codes
    P2267
    P2424
    P1451
    P113C

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7.5 megacab View Post
    Okay went to the truck and pulled 4 codes
    P2267
    P2424
    P1451
    P113C
    Sounds like it’s time to delete all the pollution control BS

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes walla2k5, ICT LPX, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Still got 2 years left on the extended warranty i purchased Ughhhh.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

ouch... Yeah sounds like something needs to be done. No worries my friend. Try and get it to a dealer and do some research. Some dealers are mod friendly. you just need to talk to the service advisors and or mechanics in the back.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Got an appt.
    i think it is all covered, if not well that's another decision.
    I would love to get it over with and just delete,i just hate to throw good money away.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Still driving truck with no issues, talked to Clayton at DDP about a delete, still not sure whats next.
    All depends on the Stealerships response.
    Like i said 2 years left on the warranty ughhhh.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7.5 megacab View Post
    Still driving truck with no issues, talked to Clayton at DDP about a delete, still not sure whats next.
    All depends on the Stealerships response.
    Like i said 2 years left on the warranty ughhhh.
    Just go ahead and delete the pollution control BS it’s the best thing you can do for your truck bud you’ll absolutely love it
    How many miles you got on your Cummins bud ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Only 94,000 on the clock.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Your dealership will help make this decision easier. If they fix the issue under warranty then you are good. If not, then you will likely find that it is significantly cheaper to delete than it is to replace emissions components.

Do you live in an area that does not do emissions test/checks for registration renewal? That will have an impact on this decision as well.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast