Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My truck ran me over today.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: My truck ran me over today.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    Went to the er and got some xrays. Foots messed up but could been way worse. So I looked into it, yes they say it can be accidentally shifted without applying the brake. From what I've read there's more than a few models with the same as what happened to me. Saw some dash cam footage of a guys pickup rolling down the driveway with parking brake applied and it took out his mailbox and went into the street. I contacted customer relations and they're sending out some special inspector. Now my concern is that I just did the full delete. What are they going to say about that?

2016 | RAM | 2500 | MM3 Warp Tuning w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe | Throttle valve delete |
    Wow, you are very lucky to have such minor injuries and no one else was caught up in the incident. Like @AnOldBiker stated, get hard copies of your medical visit for future use if needed. I'm glad you are okay!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Parking/emergency brake on my 09 is useless. Doesn't do anything

4. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Glad you're ok brotha, but I'm wondering how it rolled with the parking brake set? My truck doesn't move, even in drive, when mine is set.
    Idk man. I've been using it all the time since I got that recall letter. Maybe it wasn't allllll the way down (?) and the hill was a pretty decent angle. But I'm pretty confident that's the reason it didn't totally escape.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | MM3 Warp Tuning w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe | Throttle valve delete |

6. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Man oh man, i hate hearing stories like this.... makes me cringe! Especially to our own here on the forum... If it's possible try to record everything the inspector says that way while he is talking to you and mentions that the deletes are fine or whatever he may say and then tries to turn it around on ya your covered. I have learned through my short time here that when dealing with something serious as this is you want proof and recordings of everything! Only 2 people have to be aware of the recording happening and that second person does not have to be him.

C.Y.A.! Not see ya either LOL

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks whiskey actual thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    So today my truck popped out of park and took off down the street. Ran my foot over, seems ok but def hurting. Parking brake was set and I guess had just enough drag on it to allow my brother to jump in and stop it. Anyone else have an issue with it jumping out of park? I know there is a recall on it but parts not available yet. I called customer relations and they're sending out an investigator. Man, glad I'm not more hurt and the thing didn't get totally away and into his neighbors living room!!!

Get that foot looked at. If you want, bring it down and let me look at it. I'll PM my number

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Man oh man, i hate hearing stories like this.... makes me cringe! Especially to our own here on the forum... If it's possible try to record everything the inspector says that way while he is talking to you and mentions that the deletes are fine or whatever he may say and then tries to turn it around on ya your covered. I have learned through my short time here that when dealing with something serious as this is you want proof and recordings of everything! Only 2 people have to be aware of the recording happening and that second person does not have to be him.

C.Y.A.! Not see ya either LOL

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12