Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My truck ran me over today.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

My truck ran me over today.

So today my truck popped out of park and took off down the street. Ran my foot over, seems ok but def hurting. Parking brake was set and I guess had just enough drag on it to allow my brother to jump in and stop it. Anyone else have an issue with it jumping out of park? I know there is a recall on it but parts not available yet. I called customer relations and they're sending out an investigator. Man, glad I'm not more hurt and the thing didn't get totally away and into his neighbors living room!!!

2016 | RAM | 2500 | MM3 Warp Tuning w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe | Throttle valve delete |

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: My truck ran me over today.

Daang! Glad it didn't turn out much worse! You better get that foot x-rayed to be safe.
    I thought that recall was just for not allowing it to come out of park unless the brake was depressed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Thanks whiskey actual thanked for this post
    Likes RLee2959, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

@ whiskeyactual Please go with TH-64's recommendation to get that foot checked out. Fortunate it wasn't a worse outcome.
    Quite a concern that the manufacturer's aware of a problem however don't have parts to correct it yet.

2012 Laramie, white over silver quad cab 4 x 4, 68 rfe, DRD tuned MM3

2019 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 Scat Pack wide body B5 blue

6. Thanks whiskey actual thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have not had this problem on my '14. But definitely please take the advise of the others and get that foot checked out.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Daang! Glad it didn't turn out much worse! You better get that foot x-rayed to be safe.
    I thought that recall was just for not allowing it to come out of park unless the brake was depressed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That’s my understanding also as you are correct it’s called the BTSI brake transmission shift interlock

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    So today my truck popped out of park and took off down the street. Ran my foot over, seems ok but def hurting. Parking brake was set and I guess had just enough drag on it to allow my brother to jump in and stop it. Anyone else have an issue with it jumping out of park? I know there is a recall on it but parts not available yet. I called customer relations and they're sending out an investigator. Man, glad I'm not more hurt and the thing didn't get totally away and into his neighbors living room!!!

2016 | RAM | 2500 | MM3 Warp Tuning w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe | Throttle valve delete |
    Glad your ok and no one else was hurt get your foot checked out bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Went to the er and got some xrays. Foots messed up but could been way worse. So I looked into it, yes they say it can be accidentally shifted without applying the brake. From what I've read there's more than a few models with the same as what happened to me. Saw some dash cam footage of a guys pickup rolling down the driveway with parking brake applied and it took out his mailbox and went into the street. I contacted customer relations and they're sending out some special inspector. Now my concern is that I just did the full delete. What are they going to say about that?

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Glad you’re ok!!! Sorry about your foot but nothing more serious. I wouldn’t think the deletes should be a factor. If this keeps happening to others then I can see a lawsuit in the future. That’s a serious recall and they better find a solution and fast before someone really gets injured. Keep us posted and wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery!!

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@whiskey actual

It's good you went to the hospital. Make copies of the reports and if possible, the x-rays. It's easy to get hairline fractures from this. It can and will heal now, but take this from an oldman ... it will effect you later in life. I feel every injury I had as a younger man. If this forms futher pain and problems due to this injury overtime and you don't have documentation, your on your own. Also, make sure you have an email or something dated in a comment/complaint to the manufacture so it's documented and they cannot call you a lier later. Document, document, document !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

18. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Glad you're ok brotha, but I'm wondering how it rolled with the parking brake set? My truck doesn't move, even in drive, when mine is set.

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

20. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast