Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Aux buttons stopped working????

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aux buttons stopped working????

Hey guys and gals. I have a 2017 2500 mega. I hooked up some offroad lighting to the aux button and had them working for over a year. All of a sudden it stopped working. When I go to press any aux button, all the aux buttons just light up.
    Doesn't matter if I press Aux 1, all the buttons light up but doesn't send power to unit it is hooked up to, or Aux 5. Anyone know what might trigger this to happen? Only thing I did was disconnect both batteries for about 3 days and when I reconnected it, I noticed that the Aux buttons not working anymore.

Thx in advance

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aux buttons stopped working????

Have you pulled the little panel out and check for any loose connections? Im assuming you had to do this to install your new switch correct?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamArmor View Post
    Hey guys and gals. I have a 2017 2500 mega. I hooked up some offroad lighting to the aux button and had them working for over a year. All of a sudden it stopped working. When I go to press any aux button, all the aux buttons just light up.
    Doesn't matter if I press Aux 1, all the buttons light up but doesn't send power to unit it is hooked up to, or Aux 5. Anyone know what might trigger this to happen? Only thing I did was disconnect both batteries for about 3 days and when I reconnected it, I noticed that the Aux buttons not working anymore.

Thx in advance
    Possible blown fuses

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

it sounds like fun .... (ya sure!)

Normally I'd say check ground. But is the switch lights up, ya got power there. Now not knowing how you wired after that, it could be a ground. Do you have all the switches accessories on a common ground ? This is one of those having to trace each wire and electrical part to verify power is there. Time consuming friend.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I would say something shorted out, the module may be bad. All the connections are under the hood and from what I understand the switch is all circuit board based. I think the relays are in the separate fuse box. I would check the switch first.

Here is a link to the upfitter schematic that I found some time ago for the 2016, I am sure the 2017 is the same. Little more detail that what comes with the kit.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/assets/bbg.../dddpufwii.pdf

Hope that helps, good luck. Electrical gremlins are hard to find. at least it is always messed up, not intermittent.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Sorry for the delayed response, was away for the weekend.
    This was not a brand new install. I have done this over a year ago but out of no where they stopped working. I will double check the fuses in the smaller fuse box tomorrow.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

thanks all for the help.
    I was going crazy checking the aux fuse box and every fuse was fine. Went on to testing each accessory's wires to make sure nothing has shorted.
    Finally found that in the main fuse box,there is a heated seat/aux fuse.
    that was the culprit.... after 2 hours of scratching my head.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Did the Aux panel come with the truck?
    I ask cause mine doesn’t have it and I would like a few extra switches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn CC SB SRW White Cummins Aisin with 5th wheel package
    ARE cap on order
    hunting for a chrome winch bumper
    need to add clearance lights
    Want Rigid Adapt driving lights

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamArmor View Post
    thanks all for the help.
    I was going crazy checking the aux fuse box and every fuse was fine. Went on to testing each accessory's wires to make sure nothing has shorted.
    Finally found that in the main fuse box,there is a heated seat/aux fuse.
    that was the culprit.... after 2 hours of scratching my head.
    Good job well done congrats

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs