Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Front main seal

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Front main seal

Aside from the expensive tools to do the job what did you guys use to install the front main seal and crank sleeve? Doing mine this weekend any help is appreciated thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Front main seal

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Likes Stormtrooper46&2 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The seal comes with a tool to install it to the correct depth in the cover, as well as a plastic guide to fit over the nose of the crank when reinstalling the cover to guide the lip of the seal onto the crank.

I have not seen any wear sleeves on the cranks I've done.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...432342&jsn=469

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

5. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

One small tip. Put some clean oil on the crank before you slide the cover on. DO not put the seal on dry.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes david3gen, CAPTAJR liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

How much of a pain is it to change this seal and is it worth the extra coin for the seal with the wear ring ? I have oil leaking on the front of my engine and seems the front crank seal is a popular culprit. Anybody got some advice ?