Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes, another EGR delete question

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Yes, another EGR delete question

Quote Originally Posted by gskidmor View Post
    This is just what I wanted to know! I have some family in NY and a father-in-law in Phoenix, so I'll probably ship to NY as I will be visiting in June.

So, is this the "best" list of what would be needed:

• Tuner (MM3 from DRD) ($1800)
    • EGR delete kit ($300)
    • Replacement exhaust ($not really sure)

Replacing the exhaust and "deleting" the EGR keeps them healthy longer?
    Not sure if they ship to NY Arizona is most likely your best bet bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

This is just what I wanted to know! I have some family in NY and a father-in-law in Phoenix, so I'll probably ship to NY as I will be visiting in June.

So, is this the "best" list of what would be needed:

• Tuner (MM3 from DRD) ($1800)
    • EGR delete kit ($300)
    • Replacement exhaust ($not really sure)

Replacing the exhaust and "deleting" the EGR keeps them healthy longer?
    If you want to stay in good shape for smog testing the EGR is quite a pain in the tookas to remove and reinstall every few years. If your just looking for fun and not a race truck get the tune that shuts off the EGR, and all you'll need after is the delete pipes for the exhaust stuff - which is pretty easily removed and reinstalled. I have the flo pro 4 inch delete pipes with no muffler and I was surprised how quiet it is, not like stock but a good grunt and really no resonance in the cab. Side note When you pull the exhaust remove the last section then take the DPF and DEF unit down attached together, It came out super easy like that for me. GOOD LUCK!

2016 | RAM | 2500 | MM3 Warp Tuning w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe | Throttle valve delete |

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    If you want to stay in good shape for smog testing the EGR is quite a pain in the tookas to remove and reinstall every few years. If your just looking for fun and not a race truck get the tune that shuts off the EGR, and all you'll need after is the delete pipes for the exhaust stuff - which is pretty easily removed and reinstalled. I have the flo pro 4 inch delete pipes with no muffler and I was surprised how quiet it is, not like stock but a good grunt and really no resonance in the cab. Side note When you pull the exhaust remove the last section then take the DPF and DEF unit down attached together, It came out super easy like that for me. GOOD LUCK!

2016 | RAM | 2500 | MM3 Warp Tuning w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe | Throttle valve delete |

I'm looking more for longevity (and to not refill the DEF so often) than a racetruck. My RAM is more used for hobby than anything now. I pull a 20' aluminum trailer to work on my '54 F100 about once a month. A triumph is my daily driver as it does better in the LA area traffic.

That said, sounds like I'll just be getting the MM3 tuner and exhaust - if removing the EGR is a pain, I know I'll forget how to reinstall it every few years.

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I'm looking more for longevity (and to not refill the DEF so often) than a racetruck. My RAM is more used for hobby than anything now. I pull a 20' aluminum trailer to work on my '54 F100 about once a month. A triumph is my daily driver as it does better in the LA area traffic.

That said, sounds like I'll just be getting the MM3 tuner and exhaust - if removing the EGR is a pain, I know I'll forget how to reinstall it every few years.
    I think that's a good plan. Keep it simple. You'll get rid of the def, and only have to fill it to pass inspection after reinstalling your exhaust.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hey everyone,

I have a 2016 RAM 2500 with the cummins. No sooner than I got it, I changed professions and I definitely don't need the truck, but damn do I love it. So, I wanted to make sure it lasts as long as possible. Anyways, I've started the same research it seems many people in this thread did. I guess I mostly need verification/validation of what I believe to be the case...I contacted doublerdiesel.com earlier to ask a question, but there's more I need.

The details:

• I live in Cali, so I need to have it periodically reversible
    • I don't know what transmission I have (I will go check that in a few)
    • Unsure of what bits to buy
    • Unsure of the tune "process"

I was looking at something like this:

https://www.doublerdiesel.com/store/...6-7L-p69472144

• Does this include all of the bits to remove the EGR and update the exhaust?
    • Will it be quiet? I prefer a quiet truck
    • Can this be reversed for a smog test?

Reading through the FAQ pages on double r, it seems I would buy the package, send them my stock tune, and they would send me the file?
    I’m actually from OC. Grew up in Dana point. The emissions for Cali is visual only. I have one maybe 2 guys that will do the visual for like $350. But that’s for me. I moved to Washington and did my delete. Best thing I could have done. The egr delete would be a pain in the a$$ to keep installing and uninstalling. But you could get really good at it! LOL. It’s not as hard to remove as you would think. First time yes. But pretty simple. If you do the drd and just do the exhaust and def stuff and leave it all in there, save a ton of headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I was looking online for the Cali process. I've had the truck 2 years now and I haven't gotten any notice to take it in for inspection...should probably follow up on that to make sure I'm not supposed to be proactive like is required in NY. I plan on calling DRD tomorrow to see where they will ship to or if I can use a re-shipper to handle all of this.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I was looking online for the Cali process. I've had the truck 2 years now and I haven't gotten any notice to take it in for inspection...should probably follow up on that to make sure I'm not supposed to be proactive like is required in NY. I plan on calling DRD tomorrow to see where they will ship to or if I can use a re-shipper to handle all of this.
    Cali is every 2 years. But they don’t do anything but look at the truck. So you can’t have a programmer installed. Meaning you have to remove it from view. And they check to see if you did any modifications

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

They don't ship to CA.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    They don't ship to CA.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    But will they allow me to use a reshipper?

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

But will they allow me to use a reshipper?
    Did you email them?

info@doublerdiesel.com

"The grass is greener where you water it"

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast