Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes, another EGR delete question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Yes, another EGR delete question

Hey everyone,

I have a 2016 RAM 2500 with the cummins. No sooner than I got it, I changed professions and I definitely don't need the truck, but damn do I love it. So, I wanted to make sure it lasts as long as possible. Anyways, I've started the same research it seems many people in this thread did. I guess I mostly need verification/validation of what I believe to be the case...I contacted doublerdiesel.com earlier to ask a question, but there's more I need.

The details:

• I live in Cali, so I need to have it periodically reversible
    • I don't know what transmission I have (I will go check that in a few)
    • Unsure of what bits to buy
    • Unsure of the tune "process"

I was looking at something like this:

https://www.doublerdiesel.com/store/...6-7L-p69472144

• Does this include all of the bits to remove the EGR and update the exhaust?
    • Will it be quiet? I prefer a quiet truck
    • Can this be reversed for a smog test?

Reading through the FAQ pages on double r, it seems I would buy the package, send them my stock tune, and they would send me the file?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Yes, another EGR delete question

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gskidmor View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have a 2016 RAM 2500 with the cummins. No sooner than I got it, I changed professions and I definitely don't need the truck, but damn do I love it. So, I wanted to make sure it lasts as long as possible. Anyways, I've started the same research it seems many people in this thread did. I guess I mostly need verification/validation of what I believe to be the case...I contacted doublerdiesel.com earlier to ask a question, but there's more I need.

The details:

Reading through the FAQ pages on double r, it seems I would buy the package, send them my stock tune, and they would send me the file?
    Ray at DRD is the best in the tuning buisness on our Cummins with the MM3 the best tuner you can buy you’ll love being deleted or get his EGRless tuning also talk to Clayton at DDP they are both great guys to deal with and work with

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

DRD doesn't ship to CA.

You have another address to ship to?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    DRD doesn't ship to CA.

You have another address to ship to?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    Another great reason to get out of kommiefornia

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have my dad's address in NY I could possibly use...

Why doesn't he ship to cali? (I probably already know, but just want to verify)

Reading in to what one person said up above - is the tune / EGR delete two separate things I would buy?

I did double check, I do have the 68RFE transmission.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

No one or myself will ship to california. Most every part that changes anything to do with the truck is illegal in california. If you look at say intakes, at the bottom it will say does not ship to california. Their emissions laws as im sure you know are much more strict.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have my dad's address in NY I could possibly use...

Why doesn't he ship to cali? (I probably already know, but just want to verify)

Reading in to what one person said up above - is the tune / EGR delete two separate things I would buy?

I did double check, I do have the 68RFE transmission.

DRD tunes shut the emissions off, no need to remove for your inspections. You will need to remove the exhaust components though and replace with a race pipe or full system. The DEF tank and lines are another story, have them flushed out and keep them in working order, for when you need them.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Hey everyone,

The details:

Hey bud! DRD is the best. I just installed his complete option package. If you are worried about warranty stuff and don’t want to take anything off the truck, you can get his emissions safe tuner. Only problem is it plugs up all of the egr and DPF stuff quicker. Also, living in Cali and just trying to get the parts there is a hassle, so hopefully you have someone else he can ship that stuff too. If you are doing his full tune, you need the tuner ($1,897) and some sort of exhaust. You don’t need to remove the egr stuff in the engine, just unplug it. I removed it though... If you want, buy his egr delete kit. I also deleted the throttle valve since it is proclaimed to have a tendency to stick shut. As far as the exhaust, you probably want a 4” with a muffler and/or resonator. Tuning it is easy. I just followed his video instructions. It can all be reversed. Just upload the stock file back into the truck and put all the pieces back.

So all you need is the tuner and exhaust. Maybe egr delete kit if you want. Just check those options in that link you gave us and stock on everything else. Since you want a quiet truck, the sound modification stuff probably isn’t up your alley so you could get a cheaper tuner from him.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trainingwheels View Post
    Hey bud! DRD is the best. I just installed his complete option package. If you are worried about warranty stuff and don’t want to take anything off the truck, you can get his emissions safe tuner. Only problem is it plugs up all of the egr and DPF stuff quicker. Also, living in Cali and just trying to get the parts there is a hassle, so hopefully you have someone else he can ship that stuff too. If you are doing his full tune, you need the tuner ($1,897) and some sort of exhaust. You don’t need to remove the egr stuff in the engine, just unplug it. I removed it though... If you want, buy his egr delete kit. I also deleted the throttle valve since it is proclaimed to have a tendency to stick shut. As far as the exhaust, you probably want a 4” with a muffler and/or resonator. Tuning it is easy. I just followed his video instructions. It can all be reversed. Just upload the stock file back into the truck and put all the pieces back.

So all you need is the tuner and exhaust. Maybe egr delete kit if you want. Just check those options in that link you gave us and stock on everything else. Since you want a quiet truck, the sound modification stuff probably isn’t up your alley so you could get a cheaper tuner from him.

This is just what I wanted to know! I have some family in NY and a father-in-law in Phoenix, so I'll probably ship to NY as I will be visiting in June.

So, is this the "best" list of what would be needed:

• Tuner (MM3 from DRD) ($1800)
    • EGR delete kit ($300)
    • Replacement exhaust ($not really sure)

Replacing the exhaust and "deleting" the EGR keeps them healthy longer?

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast