Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help - P0087 Fuel/Rail Pressure Low Code And P011 Unknown Issue Code

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Help - P0087 Fuel/Rail Pressure Low Code And P011 Unknown Issue Code

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue with my 2007.5 Dodge 3500, 6.7, I have a G56 Manual Transmission, H&S Mini Max Tuner, DDP 90 HP Injector tips, Valair Dual Disk Clutch and 5" AFE Stainless exhaust on it.

All emission stuff was deleted by the previous owner.

Ok, last July I broke all my factory clutch bolts pushing it a little too much, so I decided to go all in, put a new long block from DFC Diesel and a Valair dual disk clutch in since the engine had a lot of hard miles on it.

Well I finally got it done a few weeks ago, (I did it all myself) the first 500 miles everything was cool, but then one morning I got the p0087/Fuel Rail Pressure low code. I cleared the code thinking maybe it was a fluke. drove it a couple more days then I got that code plus P1011 unknown issue. I hadn't noticed any real performance issues until last Sunday. it threw a code and I could tell it was lagging power, but just for a couple minutes. Then it seemed ok. But now it is happening both when I drive back and forth to work. and this morning it stalled on me while i was pulling around a turnaround and I couldn't get started until I cleared the code. When this first happened I did a little research and they say it could be a clogged fuel filter so I plan on replacing it and installing fuel pressure gage tomorrow.

But if that doesn't fix it, what should I look at next. I don't want to buy a bunch of parts if I don't have too. Any Advice would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Help - P0087 Fuel/Rail Pressure Low Code And P011 Unknown Issue Code

Quote Originally Posted by Pbartrum View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue with my 2007.5 Dodge 3500, 6.7, I have a G56 Manual Transmission, H&S Mini Max Tuner, DDP 90 HP Injector tips, Valair Dual Disk Clutch and 5" AFE Stainless exhaust on it.

Ok, last July I broke all my factory clutch bolts pushing it a little too much, so I decided to go all in, put a new long block from DFC Diesel and a Valair dual disk clutch in since the engine had a lot of hard miles on it.

Well I finally got it done a few weeks ago, (I did it all myself) the first 500 miles everything was cool, but then one morning I got the p0087/Fuel Rail Pressure low code. I cleared the code thinking maybe it was a fluke. drove it a couple more days then I got that code plus P1011 unknown issue. I hadn't noticed any real performance issues until last Sunday. it threw a code and I could tell it was lagging power, but just for a couple minutes. Then it seemed ok. But now it is happening both when I drive back and forth to work. and this morning it stalled on me while i was pulling around a turnaround and I couldn't get started until I cleared the code. When this first happened I did a little research and they say it could be a clogged fuel filter so I plan on replacing it and installing fuel pressure gage tomorrow.

But if that doesn't fix it, what should I look at next. I don't want to buy a bunch of parts if I don't have too. Any Advice would be much appreciated.

Thank You.
    Well changed the filter and still have the same issue except the the truck will stall and it takes me a few minuets to get it started.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Hello Everyone,

Thank You.
    Sounds like you got an air leak to me the fuel system has to be completely free of air leaks tiniest pin hole will screw you up not run very good or at all

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Sounds like you got an air leak to me the fuel system has to be completely free of air leaks tiniest pin hole will screw you up not run very good or at all
    I would understand that except that it will be running fine, then I get the code and for the first couple weeks I would just reset it. But now since Friday morning It stalls, I get it running again and it’s fine the rest of my trip.
    Baffling!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I would understand that except that it will be running fine, then I get the code and for the first couple weeks I would just reset it. But now since Friday morning It stalls, I get it running again and it’s fine the rest of my trip.
    Baffling!!

How many miles on the truck ? Do you still have the original in tank fuel pump ?

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

How many miles on the truck ? Do you still have the original in tank fuel pump ?
    162,000 on truck with original fuel pump in the tank.
    I got about 900 on the new engine.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I’m not sure but when my first truck a 03 cummins had low fuel press it was my lift pump

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

9. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    I’m not sure but when my first truck a 03 cummins had low fuel press it was my lift pump

I think I am going to throw a FASS system in and see if that takes care of it.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I think I am going to throw a FASS system in and see if that takes care of it.

That would most likely be a good start to fixing your problems

13. Likes david3gen liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

That would most likely be a good start to fixing your problems
    That’s what I will be doing this weekend for sure. Well as long as the weather corporates.

15. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast