Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30

Thread: Customer messed up 05 cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Customer messed up 05 cummins

Ok guys. Customer called me and said he installed new injectors in his 05 cummins. Didn’t adjust valves!! Yes you read correct. DID NOT adjust valves. And started it. White smoke and ran like crap. Ran for about 20 min then shut down and called me. He said he was looking at it after I told him don’t touch it till I look at it and said it won’t start and check engine light is on. What all should I be looking for? Obviously I’m taking cover off and looking at valve train and push tubes and hope he didn’t bend a rod. Anyone ever run into this type of deal. I can get it back running I just like to have everybody input on the matter cause that’s why I’m a lifer of this place !!! Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Customer messed up 05 cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    Ok guys. Customer called me and said he installed new injectors in his 05 cummins. Didn’t adjust valves!! Yes you read correct. DID NOT adjust valves. And started it. White smoke and ran like crap. Ran for about 20 min then shut down and called me. He said he was looking at it after I told him don’t touch it till I look at it and said it won’t start and check engine light is on. What all should I be looking for? Obviously I’m taking cover off and looking at valve train and push tubes and hope he didn’t bend a rod. Anyone ever run into this type of deal. I can get it back running I just like to have everybody input on the matter cause that’s why I’m a lifer of this place !!! Thanks guys.

All I know to say is dang and hoping for the best for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7.7secdiesel View Post
    All I know to say is dang and hoping for the best for you.

Um yea. I told him be prepared to spend some money cause you might be in for a treat after I see what damage he did. ?*??

5. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

eek.... 20 mins eh? Well you may have to take everything he did out to make sure everything was installed correctly. I have seen a few instances where torque specs weren't followed and had a big mishappen like this.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    eek.... 20 mins eh? Well you may have to take everything he did out to make sure everything was installed correctly. I have seen a few instances where torque specs weren't followed and had a big mishappen like this.

Good luck and keep us updated!
    Yes I’m taking injectors out to make sure copper washers are on and not another in hole. I’ll inspect bridges and rods and everything he touched. He was trying to save money and do himself and is probably going to cost him more money. I understand being a DIY guy but with this you need to have some experienced in this field to do it. I hate cleaning up after a mess like this but I do it cause I care about the engine and want him to learn from his mistakes. Just the type of person I am. I’ll keep you posted on results guys. Thanks

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes I’m taking injectors out to make sure copper washers are on and not another in hole. I’ll inspect bridges and rods and everything he touched. He was trying to save money and do himself and is probably going to cost him more money. I understand being a DIY guy but with this you need to have some experienced in this field to do it. I hate cleaning up after a mess like this but I do it cause I care about the engine and want him to learn from his mistakes. Just the type of person I am. I’ll keep you posted on results guys. Thanks

Good luck bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Not sure how but this guy got lucky lucky. Really didn’t need to adjust valves. Injectors are okay all hard parts are ok. I’m thinking he has some CP3 issues. I was told also this was a farmers truck and they are pretty sure the fuel filter hasent been changed in over 100,000 miles. I don’t believe it but I can’t know for sure. So with that being said I think the CP3 is hurting bad.

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Not sure how but this guy got lucky lucky. Really didn’t need to adjust valves. Injectors are okay all hard parts are ok. I’m thinking he has some CP3 issues. I was told also this was a farmers truck and they are pretty sure the fuel filter hasent been changed in over 100,000 miles. I don’t believe it but I can’t know for sure. So with that being said I think the CP3 is hurting bad.

Sure did. Hopefully no debris got into the new injectors.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Lucky boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads