Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaking EGR COOL PIPE (no it is not the oring :() Thoughts?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Leaking EGR COOL PIPE (no it is not the oring :() Thoughts?

Alright so after smelling a faint coolant smell for about a year now i have finally traced it as it seems to have a small, noticeable drip once it starts cooling down. I traced the leak to the EGR COOLER TUBE P# 68325443AA. I attached the part that is leaking highlighted below. it unfortunately isnt leaking from the O-RING. This part is anywhere from discontinued to 1,000 bones. Is there any aftermarket support for this part. My only option now is removing it and tig welding it. Thoughts????cooler pipe.jpg

2. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Leaking EGR COOL PIPE (no it is not the oring :() Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    Alright so after smelling a faint coolant smell for about a year now i have finally traced it as it seems to have a small, noticeable drip once it starts cooling down. I traced the leak to the EGR COOLER TUBE P# 68325443AA. I attached the part that is leaking highlighted below. it unfortunately isnt leaking from the O-RING. This part is anywhere from discontinued to 1,000 bones. Is there any aftermarket support for this part. My only option now is removing it and tig welding it. Thoughts????cooler pipe.jpg
    Is your truck still under warranty?

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

its deleted, however my 3/36k is not i surpassed my mileage by about 30k LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Is your truck still under warranty?

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    its deleted, however my 3/36k is not i surpassed my mileage by about 30k LOL
    Gotcha! Well I guess unfortunately since that’s an expensive item, your best bet is to have it welded. That would be a whole lot cheaper. LOL

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

with the egr cooler being deleted im not sure of the parts structural purpose. im surprised there hasn't been any aftermarket support for a bypass hose kit to eliminate this and save space. Wonder if there are any vendors or techs on the page that have ran into a similar issue before?

10. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Could you send a pic? There are two parts in the part number you gave. The upper pipe and the lower pipe. Is the egr completely gone and your needing something like this?

https://www.glacierdieselpower.com/i...pass-hose.html

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

ita the exhaust cooler water outlet tube. However, mine does not look like that. see attached. Also, over lunch, i was looking at it when it was cool and the antifreeze cant evaporate and noticed the driver side was damp on the top and there was dried residue around it. you cant see it from the angle you are normally looking at it but i think were back to the upper oring as the culprit. take a look at my photos i can't seem to find the factory part number on Cummins Bridgeway or on any drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Could you send a pic? There are two parts in the part number you gave. The upper pipe and the lower pipe. Is the egr completely gone and your needing something like this?

https://www.glacierdieselpower.com/i...pass-hose.html

13. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

my truck is a 16 fyi.

15. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

looking on your link DDP i was looking at the wastegate kits and see thee part im referring too is being called a cooler riser tube and talking about using a delete kit? not sure how that exactly works being that tube assm. goes down quite a ways and is crimped in spots i believe. link to the pic

https://www.glacierdieselpower.com/i...ef=category:78

17. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

If it's the o-ring you should be able to take it to any part shop and get it sized. It's nothing special and can be easily replaced without having to order it somewhere.

It's hard to see as I'm using my phone right now but is the EGR cooler and everything deleted bud? If it's deleted and you are leaking from.the o-ring where it connects to what is called the standpipe with the bleeder screw on top , we can definitely fix ya up.

Dude's Diesel Performance, LLC
    Clayton & Jordan
    281-895-3833
    Bastrop, TX

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast