Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Master plan coming together nicely.....

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Master plan coming together nicely.....

I purchased my first diesel in January....2014 Ram 2500 with 26,000 miles on it. Immediately went platinum and used the discount on Ray's EGR less tunes. Wonderful item and I wanted to start with that as my funds were low. Not any longer! I purchased the upgraded tunes for full delete status last Friday, again using my Platinum discount, and a Mennonite exhaust company in the town I live will custom make a race pipe to remove all the junk underneath and install it for$200!!!! They will also tie up all the connectors for me as well. That good stuff happens next Wednesday.
    THEN I can remove all the EGR stuff at my leisure.

Cannot wait!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Master plan coming together nicely.....

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

$200 is a STEAL for all that work, materials included. I paid $150 for my delete pipe alone!

Are you going to keep the stock downpipe (cat)? Those who remove it tend to regret it (from what I've seen).

Are you going to remove the egr and cooler or just unplug everything?

I am running the lite package from DRD. I really like that tunes, no smoke and truck feels like it runs with just a tiny bit more power then stock at the. 60hp tune. That was exactly what I as after.

Good luck with your mods!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

and it's easy to make a diesel truck owner happy, dump the excess trash, add HP and run it ...

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CanDiesel View Post

$200 is a STEAL for all that work, materials included. I paid $150 for my delete pipe alone!

Are you going to keep the stock downpipe (cat)? Those who remove it tend to regret it (from what I've seen).

I am running the lite package from DRD. I really like that tunes, no smoke and truck feels like it runs with just a tiny bit more power then stock at the. 60hp tune. That was exactly what I as after.

Why do people regret pulling the stock DPF? I got rid of mine and couldn't be happier. Though mines a 16.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | RaceME Ultra MM3 Tuner w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe |

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

yeah, I am lucky to have this exhaust company in my town. They are known for great service and ridiculous prices. I am keeping the down pipe, and that helped in the low pricing.
    I plan to eventually remove the EGR system, but Ray said I can take my time as it is all turned off and nothing needs to be unplugged. I was happy when I ran the EGRless tune, cannot wait for the full delete tune.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    Why do people regret pulling the stock DPF? I got rid of mine and couldn't be happier. Though mines a 16.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | RaceME Ultra MM3 Tuner w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe |
    Stock cat, not DPF. Lots of folks saying the drone is intolerable with the cat removed.

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

7. Thanks jffbrght thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jffbrght View Post
    yeah, I am lucky to have this exhaust company in my town. They are known for great service and ridiculous prices. I am keeping the down pipe, and that helped in the low pricing.
    I plan to eventually remove the EGR system, but Ray said I can take my time as it is all turned off and nothing needs to be unplugged. I was happy when I ran the EGRless tune, cannot wait for the full delete tune.
    With Ray's tunes you do have to unplug the throttle valve but that is all

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

With Ray's tunes you do have to unplug the throttle valve but that is all

he did not mention that one. I must recheck with him.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jffbrght View Post
    he did not mention that one. I must recheck with him.
    I did with mine anyway, and that was just a month ago. I'm assuming we are talking about after you go with the delete tunes

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I did with mine anyway, and that was just a month ago. I'm assuming we are talking about after you go with the delete tunes

You r correct about after the delete tunes

15. Likes CanDiesel, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast