Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Surface rust on my 2016

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Surface rust on my 2016

Hey everyone.

I have a 2016 2500 Cummins and I currently have a lot of small rust dots on my doors and tailgate. I was wondering if anyone else has these issues or if it would be covered under warranty.

Thanks for all your help.

IMG_0874.jpgIMG_0875.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Surface rust on my 2016

Haven't had this issue with my 2013, just rock chips, I travel a lot of gravel roads.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

3. Thanks CumminsTradesmen thanked for this post
    Likes CumminsTradesmen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

My truck is 10 years older than yours and no rust yet. Clean and wax regularly ? I'd contact the dealer just to find out of coverage.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Likes walla2k5, CumminsTradesmen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Have had it on a past white truck. I believe they called it rail dust. I think they clay barred the truck and then waxed. Dealer paid for it but not sure if it was warranty or dealer cost.

7. Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Haven't had this issue with my 2013, just rock chips, I travel a lot of gravel roads.
    Turns out it rubbed off with spray wax and a clay bar. Looks like something was on the road or my brake dust got on the side of the truck and rusted in the last 2 weeks since I washed it. Trucks all cleaned up now. Waiting to see if it comes up again.

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    My truck is 10 years older than yours and no rust yet. Clean and wax regularly ? I'd contact the dealer just to find out of coverage.

Turns out it rubbed off with spray wax and a clay bar. Looks like something was on the road or my brake dust got on the side of the truck and rusted in the last 2 weeks since I washed it. Trucks all cleaned up now. Waiting to see if it comes up again.

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

As someone has mentioned it is rail dust, it is more visible on white vehicles =

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

12. Thanks WyomingHunter thanked for this post