Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Sub box for 1995?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Sub box for 1995?

Anyone know a good fitting box and subs for a 1995?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Sub box for 1995?

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you brotha!

4. Top Of Page | #4

Lots of options for that truck. I'm partial to a single 10" behind the seat. I always built my own box before owning a truck with under seat storage. I still think you get better sound with it against the back of the cab, facing forward. Depending where you live, pawn shops usually have the best deal (in my experience) because they offer people very little for used audio equipment, so you can talk them way down on price. Sub brand can be just about anything as long as you have a quality amp to push it. I'm currently running a 10" powerbass sub with a 500W Alpine amp. Will it win in competitions? No. Does it improve my sound quality in every genre without rattling cars next to me? Yep!

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Here is the process I use when when researching subs.
    1. measure the space that you want to use first. This will help you decide which box is the best fit for your truck.
    2. Check local/online sources for a box that best fits the available space
    3. Select a sub that matches best with the airspace of the box

Step 3 is the most important part! If the sub and box specs do not match it will sound like crap.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes WyomingHunter liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I as well put 10's in mine. I had two boxes that fit perfectly behind both seats. I'm wondering if one 12 or something in the center would have been better so that i did'nt lose what little storage we have in these single cabs. But then im not sure how it would affect the center console movement.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #7

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    If the sub and box specs do not match it will sound like crap.
    100% agree. Forgot that part on my post. That was the beauty of a custom built box as well as the PIA part. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    I as well put 10's in mine. I had two boxes that fit perfectly behind both seats. I'm wondering if one 12 or something in the center would have been better so that i didn't lose what little storage we have in these single cabs. But then im not sure how it would affect the center console movement.
    I never went with 12 due to the box that's needed to have it sound good. My favorite box I ever had was made of 3/4 mdf, and carpeted. I built it a hair over recommended airspace for the 10" Kicker I had (not recommending Kicker) and made the port run clear across the top. Thing hit harder than any store bought box my friends had and was about the size of a breiFCAse.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    100% agree. Forgot that part on my post. That was the beauty of a custom built box as well as the PIA part. Haha

I never went with 12 due to the box that's needed to have it sound good. My favorite box I ever had was made of 3/4 mdf, and carpeted. I built it a hair over recommended airspace for the 10" Kicker I had (not recommending Kicker) and made the port run clear across the top. Thing hit harder than any store bought box my friends had and was about the size of a breiFCAse.

You definitely can't beat that! I had some cheap boxes given to me. They were ok LOL Think i had punches? Been a long time since i had those LOL!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Likes WyomingHunter liked this post