Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you thinking about DPF delete pipe vs full exhaust

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

For those of you thinking about DPF delete pipe vs full exhaust

I did my deletes just a few weeks ago. I went with a 4" DPF delete pipe.

I was out crawling around the truck this afternoon when I noticed a couple holes right around the stock muffler. What are the odds right?

I'm now looking at Turbo back systems.

For those of you running TBE did you go with stainless or aluminized?

Do you regret removing the cat? Is the drone really that bad?

I think I'm going to go with a 4" FloPro TBE with muffler. Just trying to decide on stainless or not. Its about an extra $150.

That being said this is the last thing I need right now I am way over budget and am going to have to charge this exhaust :-/

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: For those of you thinking about DPF delete pipe vs full exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by CanDiesel View Post
    I did my deletes just a few weeks ago. I went with a 4" DPF delete pipe.

I was out crawling around the truck this afternoon when I noticed a couple holes right around the stock muffler. What are the odds right?

I'm now looking at Turbo back systems.

For those of you running TBE did you go with stainless or aluminized?

Do you regret removing the cat? Is the drone really that bad?

I think I'm going to go with a 4" FloPro TBE with muffler. Just trying to decide on stainless or not. Its about an extra $150.

That being said this is the last thing I need right now I am way over budget and am going to have to charge this exhaust :-/

In my experience-as long as you have a muffler/resonator it pretty much kills the cab drone. My 5” tbe on my 2500 puts my 5yr old to sleep every time we go on a trip, so I’m good with no muffler. But my 80 yr old grandmother says it makes her crazy every time she rides with us ??*??. As far as stainless vs. aluminized- I had over 250,000 miles on my 08 after I deleted with a aluminized flo-pro 4” full exhaust. Never had a problem out of it. Save some money, it’ll plenty long. Btw, that was over a 10 year period in humid, muddy east Texas too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Likes WyomingHunter, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

I don't notice the drone unless I'm climbing a hill at low speed and even then it's only for a moment around 2k rpm before a shift. Mine is 5" tbe and really don't think it's that loud or that people are bothered other than if I really stomp on it or when my truck goes into helicopter turbine mode in the morning...
    As for the pipe, if your region treats with salt still or if you're near humidity/ocean, you might go stainless. Most of my driving is WY, where it's arid and most winter treatmeant is gravel so I went the cheaper route.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

6. Likes easttxram, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Where did you find the holes?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I might get away with some exhaust tape or something in the short term

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

10. Likes bajaben, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Dang! I only have 22,000 miles on my truck so the factory exhaust was in good shap

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Probably would have been fine if I don't have to manhandles it so much to get the delete pipe in.

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

^^^^^^ man do I hate my phones autocorrect

16. Top Of Page | #9

That seems like a LOT of rot on a 6 year old truck. Is there more rust under there or is it just the exhaust?

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

ouch!!! Yeah i would say looking at this, stainless sadly.... Like stated check for anything else under there that could cause a potential issue. Most people that go with the no muffler option love it! If you tow or get annoyed by the sound after you purchase it, you can always get a muffler and place it right after the down pipe. If it's still too much you can always get another one and have 2. I have had a few do this that tow heavy heavy and they said it helped tremendously!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast