Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Side Steps

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Side Steps

Anyone using N-Fab side steps? I had a pair installed last august and they're already rusting near the welds. Anyone else have this problem with them?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Side Steps

I haven't had any problems, but I bought mine from Dodge when I bought my truck. Heavy salt in the winter there ?
    We salt here, but at the beginng of each winter I spray on a coat of Amsoil syn motorcycle chain spray on the supports and let dry, so far no rust.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes AKram2500, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I think they use some kind of chemical on the roads here I may just pull em off and get truck bed liner sprayed on em. might be stronger

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes sir i think that will be the best. Seems like when you live up north and there are heavy salt on the roads it's almost a must to coat anything metal with something LOL

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes AKram2500, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I had my steps sprayed with Line-X. It should out last my truck! LOL

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Likes AKram2500, david3gen, Power247 liked this post