Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  90
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heater Grid delete tips?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Heater Grid delete tips?

I'm gonna install a new air horn and I'm wondering what the heater grid delete takes? I;ve read that removing some injector lines is necessary? Anyone have a how-to? I've searched youtube and this forum but no luck... Thanks!

2. Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Heater Grid delete tips?

Hey bud! Ill shoot you a pm on a instruction that i have

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes Electrojake, SpryGuy liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm looking into the same could u send me one just to see what all it takes

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Lay the fuel lines out as you take them off and label each one. There’s a good how-to somewhere...I’ll see if I can link it

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

7. Likes walla2k5, DRam14 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

very detailed and also one of the better deletes on the market Clayton sells them now @dudesdieselperformace

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...all-guide.html

9. Thanks BERT thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Electrojake liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    very detailed and also one of the better deletes on the market Clayton sells them now @dude's diesel performace

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...all-guide.html
    That’s the one I was looking for! Very detailed! It’s the one I followed.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

13. Thanks Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
    Likes Camp2SeaDoo liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    I'm gonna install a new air horn and I'm wondering what the heater grid delete takes? I;ve read that removing some injector lines is necessary? Anyone have a how-to? I've searched youtube and this forum but no luck... Thanks!
    WORK CLEAN! Clean out all the ports where the connections are on the head before you remove the lines. I mean solvent and brush and plenty of degreasing and rinsing. Squeaky clean in those ports. It's very easy to catch grime built up when reinstalling the tubes. You DON'T want to get that into the injectors or tubes. Especially #5 and 6 where you have to use the braille system to connect the lines

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

15. Thanks Electrojake thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Camp2SeaDoo liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    WORK CLEAN! Clean out all the ports where the connections are on the head before you remove the lines. I mean solvent and brush and plenty of degreasing and rinsing. Squeaky clean in those ports. It's very easy to catch grime built up when reinstalling the tubes. You DON'T want to get that into the injectors or tubes. Especially #5 and 6 where you have to use the braille system to connect the lines
    I'm going to embark on this same project tomorrow if the wife lets me haha. I've been in the garage for three days now so who knows when she will finally snap LOL

I personally have never cleaned the engine in my truck. It has been cleaned before when i had it detailed but again I have not personally done it.

Is it OK to just spray around the block with a garden hose? I'm thinking I can get up early and put some degreaser around the intake/fuel lines and then just spray it all down. Take the truck for a drive to dry everything off then cone back with compressed air for anything that I may have missed.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Sound advise, I used Purple Power degreaser and a pressure washer. Dried it all off with a long reach air nozzle.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

19. Likes CanDiesel liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast