Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  90
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Heater Grid delete tips?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: Heater Grid delete tips?

I had a leak on #3 at the fuel rail. Tightend it an 8th of a turn or so and its all good now. Fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Tighten fuel line at cylinder head.Torque nut to (22 ft. lbs).
    Tighten fuel lines at fuel rail.Torque nut to (27 ft. lbs).

4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKEYES View Post
    Tighten fuel line at cylinder head.Torque nut to (22 ft. lbs).
    Tighten fuel lines at fuel rail.Torque nut to (27 ft. lbs).
    Yeah I for sure had it tightened to 27 ft pounds that was one of the few lines I could get my torque wrench on. So its torqued a big higher now LOL

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

5. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

I read that the potential consequences of overtorquing these fittings is primarily deformation of the mating surfaces, potential cracking and line deformation ie pinching it shut.

I have no leaks so I know there are no cracks (leaking ones anyway), I have no way to verify the mating surfaces at this point without pulling everything apart and the engine is running great so I know I've got good flow to all six cylinders.

Ill add that the truck seems to be running alot better. It could all be in my head but throttle response feels better, the engine sounds better and I've observed a signifigant reduction in exhaust gas temperatures. The GDP heater is working perfectly.

After doing the egr crossover and cooler delete, changing diff and tcase fluids, installing new intake, changing CCV filter and so on I think I'm done with mods for a bit. I did everything I thought would enhance the reliability of my engine and I'm very pleased with the results. I have some rust on the undercarriage I want to take care of but my wife ha had about enough of me being in the garage for now so it will have to wait for another time.

Thanks for your help everyone

6. Likes SNAKEYES, walla2k5, Camp2SeaDoo liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Awesome glad it all worked out great!

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    You don't need crows feet, and I doubt you'll be able to crack the lines loose with them. I've done several without them. You just need a short and long combo wrench. (Why do I want to say it's a 3/4 wrench. I forget. . . Old Age)
    First time cracking those nuts is a bear. A real vane popper
    Huh, a crows foot was just the ticket for me...

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

10. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CanDiesel View Post
    I read that the potential consequences of overtorquing these fittings is primarily deformation of the mating surfaces, potential cracking and line deformation ie pinching it shut.

I have no leaks so I know there are no cracks (leaking ones anyway), I have no way to verify the mating surfaces at this point without pulling everything apart and the engine is running great so I know I've got good flow to all six cylinders.

Ill add that the truck seems to be running alot better. It could all be in my head but throttle response feels better, the engine sounds better and I've observed a signifigant reduction in exhaust gas temperatures. The GDP heater is working perfectly.

After doing the egr crossover and cooler delete, changing diff and tcase fluids, installing new intake, changing CCV filter and so on I think I'm done with mods for a bit. I did everything I thought would enhance the reliability of my engine and I'm very pleased with the results. I have some rust on the undercarriage I want to take care of but my wife ha had about enough of me being in the garage for now so it will have to wait for another time.

Thanks for your help everyone

Glad you got it going.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

11. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Huh, a crows foot was just the ticket for me...
    I can get the crows foot on the fitting but because the injecotor is at 45 degrees (roughly) pointing toward the rear of the vehicle and due to everything else in there it is damn near impossible to get my torque wrench on the crows foot no matter how many extensions or knuckles I use LOL. I tried and tried an tried it was a royal pain. In the end I just used my 19mm wrench and reefed on it. I could have tightened it down harder so it's not like I put my back in to it or anything. Its a guesstimate that isn't leaking and doesn't appear to have caused any harm at this point.

I sure wish I could have torqued it properly though. I drove above. 50km today and did some grades and managed to build 23 k rail pressure. Still no leaks *fingers crossed*

12. Likes walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

You should be good. I deleted my grid heater almost 2 years ago and I didn’t torque any of them down. I just got them as tight as I could with an open ended wrench. Haven’t had a leak yet.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

14. Thanks CanDiesel, Camp2SeaDoo thanked for this post
    Likes CanDiesel, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

What's the benefit? welcome my grid heater in winter..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast