Likes Likes:  90
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heater Grid delete tips?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Heater Grid delete tips?

Pressure washer eh? Geeze that seems so aggresive

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CanDiesel View Post
    I'm going to embark on this same project tomorrow if the wife lets me haha. I've been in the garage for three days now so who knows when she will finally snap LOL

I personally have never cleaned the engine in my truck. It has been cleaned before when i had it detailed but again I have not personally done it.

Is it OK to just spray around the block with a garden hose? I'm thinking I can get up early and put some degreaser around the intake/fuel lines and then just spray it all down. Take the truck for a drive to dry everything off then cone back with compressed air for anything that I may have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    Sound advise, I used Purple Power degreaser and a pressure washer. Dried it all off with a long reach air nozzle.
    Here's the problem. Crud collects back there and you can't see it. Especially in those last two cylinders, the area has to be clean to prevent from collecting contaminants, when install the feed line.. Since you are working blind back there, you can see, nor hose out the oily crud that collects in there. Spray in there with maybe some carb cleaner and then work a small paint brush around, then rinse it out. In fact, get a mirror and look in there to see how clean it is. It's very easy to get the feed line into that junk and then introduce it to your feed tube/injector. The tube has a sintered bronze filter in it, but it may not be enough to protect the injector. I can't tell you any other way. Get that junk out of there. You need to physically solvent the blind side to you and brush it. Then rinse it. There really isn't any short cuts unless you have a pressure washer that has a 90* tip.

I thought I had mine clean when I took it apart. Nope! Lemme tell you, it was a bear getting it clean. I ended up stuffing a golf Tee in the hole and using carb cleaner and a brush. It took a few shots. Remember th rinse the brush in solvent between applications. Then I blew it clean of any loose debri. Then washed it with the hose and simple green. I bad. But it worked

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Likes walla2k5, Jaxonsram liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I've had lots if practice with my inspection mirror here the past few days. I think tomorrow I will clean out the garage and clean around the fuel lines/head. Should only take couple hours. Then let it all dry overnight and get my grid heater delete in the next day.

Thanks for the advice

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CanDiesel View Post
    Pressure washer eh? Geeze that seems so aggresive

Not that aggressive, didn't have the pressure dialed all the way up. Did a great job for me.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    very detailed and also one of the better deletes on the market Clayton sells them now @dudesdieselperformace

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-...all-guide.html

Thank ya sir for the mention!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Dudes thanks for the PM very good write up seems like no biggie at all this will help me decide now

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

That write up is amazing, those artful gang signs are what really does it for me.

The only thing missing is torque specs, I think I have most of them. Seems like most how to articles skimp on the torque specs tho.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Your very welcome!!!

Yes sir sadly a lot of write up's go off of tightness and not torque specs. Snug, tight, super tight, vein popping tight LOL!!!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes Jokersace liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I'm always affraid to start stripping/shearing things using the old built in torque wrench.

I've got some numbers I printed out of the service manual I'm hoping they are right. Oddly no as high as you would think.

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Thank ya sir for the mention!
    That is an amazing write-up, thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast