Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash Cover

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Dash Cover

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever ordered one of those molded dash covers for their 2nd gen Ram? The dash inside my truck is a different color than the interior (I'm assuming it was a replacement before I bought it) and instead of pulling the dash, painting it, and putting it back in I am considering buying a dash cover to just throw over it. I found a brand called "dash skin" that makes one in the camel tan color of my interior but I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever got one and how it fit? And what brand was it? I've been told that these covers don't always line up correctly and I've found a few different brands that make these products so before I buy I'd like to know if someone has ever bought one and if it fits, thanks!

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Dash Cover

I'd like to hear this. Subscribe ....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mattynite View Post
    Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever ordered one of those molded dash covers for their 2nd gen Ram? The dash inside my truck is a different color than the interior (I'm assuming it was a replacement before I bought it) and instead of pulling the dash, painting it, and putting it back in I am considering buying a dash cover to just throw over it. I found a brand called "dash skin" that makes one in the camel tan color of my interior but I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever got one and how it fit? And what brand was it? I've been told that these covers don't always line up correctly and I've found a few different brands that make these products so before I buy I'd like to know if someone has ever bought one and if it fits, thanks!
    Had a carpet one for my '96 that was made by DashMat. Wasn't too bad of a fit for around $40. Held it's color (blue) and shape for 3 years until I sold the pickup. Tried a molded hard cover on one of my Ferds, it was a disaster...

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Likes cumminsbadgirl, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I put one on my 97 and it fit really well. The dash was cracked and brittle, actually had holes in some areas where the plastic was broken. I don't remember the brand, but it came with a tube of adhesive to glue it down, but the fit was so good I put it in to test the fit and I didn't need to use the adhesive. Had it on there for a couple years before I sold the truck but it still looked good. I am pretty sure the factory dash was a dark color, I had the tan interior, and that is to reduce the glare. I believe it was a dark brown.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

8. Likes walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I will say I have a carpet one from Dash Mat. I bought my truck new and had the Dash Mat on from week 3. Dash still looks new and dash mat looks good. I can recommend the carpet cover from Dash Mat ... (and I recommend very little).

Just looking into what people are saying on their form fitting ones. They came out with them after I bought my cover.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I will say I have a carpet one from Dash Mat. I bought my truck new and had the Dash Mat on from week 3. Dash still looks new and dash mat looks good. I can recommend the carpet cover from Dash Mat ... (and I recommend very little).

Just looking into what people are saying on their form fitting ones. They came out with them after I bought my cover.
    I’ve used dash mat on my 97 worked great and now I have one on my 2012 works awesome love them I highly recommend them

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Dash Cover

I ordered both my dash covers customed fit for both my 06 and 12 with “Bad Girl “ embroided on them from O’Reillys car store. They had various colors to choose from, They both fit perfect and the 12 dash cover I transferred over to my 14 since the dash was exactly the same. I’m at work now but when I get home tonight I will look up the receipts since they were both ordered from the same company through O’Reilly’s. I paid if I remember right give or take around $60. They should have them for all years but I don’t think mine were from Dash Mat.

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

13. Likes david3gen liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Dash Cover

Here is a few pics of my dash cover from Coverking. The cover has Velcro tabs all the way around it but since I have a leather dash I chose not to use every tab, mainly in the corners. This is from my 2012 and still in excellent condition, no warping or fading at all, $$$ well spent.

Good luck and I hope you find what you’re looking for

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I'd like to hear this. Subscribe ....
    Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the input guys! I currently do have a carpet dash cover, it's camo though and I never thought about it when I bought it but the camo reflects onto the windshield when I drive it and it's kind of annoying some days. I'm more interested in a molded cap vs a carpet cover I just think the hard top would look better. I have the tan interior in my second gen and my dash is not tan but I'm looking at a product made by a company called Dash Skins, they make a hard top cover that comes in the camel tan (or what ever it's called) that will match my interior. It's $119, but a lot of the products I'm looking at are about that expensive so unless I see a reply on this thread that changes my mind here I'll probably be buying that at the end of April here when I start doing some other interior work on my truck. Thanks for all of the input!

18. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast