Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust electrical connectors

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust electrical connectors

Hey, guys, I started removing my stock exhaust today and got it all out and my new 5' FLO~PRO in, but I couldn't figure out how these connectors come off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. Likes WyomingHunter liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust electrical connectors

I had the same problem. On the last picture, that red tab has to slide to the left. I had to use a flat head to get enough force behind it for it to move.

The others I'm not sure about

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Hey guys I started removing my stock exhaust today and got it all out and my new 5 inch flo pro in, but i couldnt figure put how these connectors come off.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b01c03690b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f574bbb42b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0b7322a9cc.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I thought German cars had pain in the arse connectors. These are the worst. See pic. The connectors all have the red clip which has to be slid in the release the locking tab. However, they all have an even smaller tab inside that needs to be pushed in to slide the red tab to release the lock. Good luck. A dental pic goes a long way.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | RaceME Ultra MM3 Tuner w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe |

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ya, they are a real pain. I've broken quite a few over the years...

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The red tab you have to slide. The clear looking one that goes around in a circle as long as it has one on either side you pinch together and it lets go as you pull. John deere construction equipment have the same type on the DEF Injector

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

So you're saying I should remove the def injector, not just tape the hell out of it and zip tie to the frame?

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I had the same issue with the def injector. I pulled of the exhaust then used a really small flat tip screw driver to "gently" push the plastic ring out of the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I had the same issue with them when I pulled it all off last night. I ended up cutting the white plastic ring around the DEF injector and it pulled out right away. Pinching them together was NOT doing the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    So you're saying I should remove the def injector, not just tape the hell out of it and zip tie to the frame?
    Maybe someone else can chime in, but I removed mine only because I didn’t want that metal thing clunking around on my frame while driving. I’m not sure if it MUST be removed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks WyomingHunter thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

It doesn't "have" to be removed. Like you said, just a convince thing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break