Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To block off egr or not?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

To block off egr or not?

When i deleted my 2012 the shop put a plate over egr and unplugged it. Now i have a 2017 and drd is telling me that they just turn it off. No need to disconnect anything?? What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie SPORT CCSB

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: To block off egr or not?

Quote Originally Posted by 1fstSP View Post
    When i deleted my 2012 the shop put a plate over egr and unplugged it. Now i have a 2017 and drd is telling me that they just turn it off. No need to disconnect anything?? What gives?

Advancements in technology friend.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Do you like breathing your own farts? Pull that thing and stop inhaling soot filled exhaust gas and lower temps.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | RaceME Ultra MM3 Tuner w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe |

5. Likes RLee2959, Roberto Fisherman liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Advancements in technology friend.
    Thats awsome! So im gonna do a 4” flo pro with muffler and mm3 lite. I dont think i even need to send ray my stock tune either. I think they come preprogrammed now.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie SPORT CCSB

7. Likes bajaben, watersupply189, RLee2959 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thats awsome! So im gonna do a 4” flo pro with muffler and mm3 lite. I dont think i even need to send ray my stock tune either. I think they come preprogrammed now.

Ray still asks for the stock file so he can just check everything over.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, RLee2959 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

They essentially program the function out so you just continually bypass the EGR system and I guess the valve is spring loaded shut to keep the exhaust gas from circulating through. I just prefer to pull mine out if it's not going to be used anyway. I ran with it bypassed w tune only for a little while with no issues.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | RaceME Ultra MM3 Tuner w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe |

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I removed everything, cleans up the engine bay, made it much easier to work around in there.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    Do you like breathing your own farts? Pull that thing and stop inhaling soot filled exhaust gas and lower temps.

I agree though! Pull that garbage off!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

14. Top Of Page | #9

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Ray still asks for the stock file so he can just check everything over.
    I just got the lite package from Ray I spoke with him and he said no need for stock file to be sent they come pre programmed he just put a video on his YouTube channel.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Another vote in the remove column. Also helps eliminate a failure point in the egr cooler which can crack/corrode and leak coolant.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

2012 Larmie LongHorn 4x4 Crew Cab Longbed, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Air-Boss 67, Mega-Flo Throttle Valve Grid Heater, Sinister EGR & Cooler Delete, FloPro DPF Delete Pipe, 2 micron CAT Fuel Filter, Baldwin BF1212 Fuel/Water Sep, BD Rear Diff Cover

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast