Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: 19.5 inch wheels and tires

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

19.5 inch wheels and tires

Any body running 19.5 inch wheels and tires on their dually's? If so what kind of mileage are yall getting out of them? Yes I know they ride a little rougher but I'm not worried about that. Just tired of only getting about 38,000 to 40,000 miles out of a set. Just had two new Cooper HTP tires put on the front of my truck today and the four on the rear are at 9/32's from the new 15 or 16/32's in 15,000 miles. I'm averaging about 45,000 miles a year so that's a little expensive to me. Just curious and was looking into possibly getting some the next go around but would like some honest real world advise about them. Would they last long enough to off set the price and such.

Thanks in advance.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: 19.5 inch wheels and tires

Well I don't have a dually nor run 19.5" wheels, but 40k isn't to bad if your pulling weight or hitting the skinny pedal a lot.

What pressures are you running ?
    Brand tires ?
    Are your rotating tires on a consistent mileage ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks .44mag thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Well I don't have a dually nor run 19.5" wheels, but 40k isn't to bad if your pulling weight or hitting the skinny pedal a lot.

Brand tires ?
    X2 with old biker that’s not bad mileage I have 19.5 on my 97 and your not gonna get much better then what you are getting out of your tires now not to mention the investment to go to 19.5 rims and tires is one hell of a lot of money $$$

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Thanks .44mag thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I run 22.5's on my truck. I traded my old wheels and tires for them so thankfully didn't have to come out of pocket right then for them. I have a lifted truck so the same size tire in a 22.5 was cheaper then 37's on a normal wheel. The ride isn't bad to me at all. It's a given that you will be pulled into ruts in the road sometimes and it's a little more drastic when you are switching lanes on a hump it will take time to move over then shoot you over LOL!

Other then that i love them and am very happy with them. I just put a new set of falcon's on the front and have been happy with them so far.

I put 100psi in my front at the moment and it's riding great! It is a new tire so maybe that has something to do with it as well but i can't tell the difference from 100psi then 65-80psi in my old ones.

Let me know if you have any more questions i would be happy to help bud!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks .44mag thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Brand tires ?

Unloaded===80 psi up front 70 psi in the back. Loaded is 80 psi in all 6 tires.
    Cooper HTP.
    Yes every oil change at 7,500 miles.

Don't tow as much during late fall and winter as I do in the spring and summer. Normally stay around 65 mph at the fastest. I got all my hauling butt every out of me when I retired from my other job back in 2014.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    X2 with old biker that’s not bad mileage I have 19.5 on my 97 and your not gonna get much better then what you are getting out of your tires now not to mention the investment to go to 19.5 rims and tires is one hell of a lot of money $$$

Thank you answer I was looking for. Was just curious if they lasted longer, about the same or no. Yeah on the $$$ looked at set the other night over $2700 for black steel wheels and tires before shipping and tax. Guess I was hoping for better. The last time I had a dually bias ply tires were still around and they wore like iron for me and lasted for many more miles than these radials. The price stopped me from pulling the trigger and that's why I was asking to see if it was even worth thinking about.

Thanks guys guess I will just suck it up and stick with getting new tires every year.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Those pressure looks odd to me, but like I said I don't own a dually. My SRW pressure is as stated on the door panel of 60 front and 70 rear and I get around 50k to 60k and I'm unloaded most time. What is the pressure stated on your door panel ? The stated pressure on the panel is not gold, but a starting place to find the sweat spot. Running the wrong pressure can eat them up quick.

Is the wear on your tires mainly in the center, outer edge or even ?

Hey all of you with dually, what pressure are you running unloaded ???????

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Thank you answer I was looking for. Was just curious if they lasted longer, about the same or no. Yeah on the $$$ looked at set the other night over $2700 for black steel wheels and tires before shipping and tax. Guess I was hoping for better. The last time I had a dually bias ply tires were still around and they wore like iron for me and lasted for many more miles than these radials. The price stopped me from pulling the trigger and that's why I was asking to see if it was even worth thinking about.

Thanks guys guess I will just suck it up and stick with getting new tires every year.
    That’s cheaper then what I paid for my 19.5 ‘s and 5 brand new Michelin tires in LRH

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

16. Thanks .44mag thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Those pressure looks odd to me, but like I said I don't own a dually. My SRW pressure is as stated on the door panel of 60 front and 70 rear and I get around 50k to 60k and I'm unloaded most time. What is the pressure stated on your door panel ? The stated pressure on the panel is not gold, but a starting place to find the sweat spot. Running the wrong pressure can eat them up quick.

Is the wear on your tires mainly in the center, outer edge or even ?

Hey all of you with dually, what pressure are you running unloaded ???????

The door panel states 80 fronts and 65 in the rears. After the fist set, cheap sorry nexens, I tried the 70 psi in the back and that seamed to wear way more even all the way across the tread plus the ride felt better to me. So unloaded I run 80 and 70 and they wear even. I usually drive on winding country roads so don't like the squishy feeling of the lower pressures in the rear. Was just hoping to actually get 50-55,000 miles out of a tire that's rated at those miles. Heaviest I pull is around 27,000 total weight.

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    That’s cheaper then what I paid for my 19.5 ‘s and 5 brand new Michelin tires in LRH
    I found them on this web site duallywheels4u.com and was looking at the black steel wheels. I rather have all steel so I can rotate all six.

19. Likes walla2k5 liked this post