Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Battery Disconnect and DRD Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

Battery Disconnect and DRD Question

So I'll preface with the idea that this could all be in my head. I disconnected my battery and MM3 while wiring lights for my bumper. In the process, I accidentally smashed my USB cable too, but it still functions, just the catch prongs are goofy. Well on the first start up the MM3 gave me an error for a prestart something or other. So I shut it all off, disconnect USB and obd2, reconnect, key on, wait, start and all worked fine... until the MM3 lost connection which is when I discovered the messed up USB prongs. So I make sure all connections are good and restart. Now everything seems to be working properly, but I wonder if something got funny in the tuning because it seems to me that I'm idling rougher and making a lot more blue smoke at start up. Everything seems to be in order, except for my paranoia. So should I return to stock and then retune? Is there a chance something got funny or is it likely just in my head?

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Battery Disconnect and DRD Question

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    So I'll preface with the idea that this could all be in my head. I disconnected my battery and MM3 while wiring lights for my bumper. In the process, I accidentally smashed my USB cable too, but it still functions, just the catch prongs are goofy. Well on the first start up the MM3 gave me an error for a prestart something or other. So I shut it all off, disconnect USB and obd2, reconnect, key on, wait, start and all worked fine... until the MM3 lost connection which is when I discovered the messed up USB prongs. So I make sure all connections are good and restart. Now everything seems to be working properly, but I wonder if something got funny in the tuning because it seems to me that I'm idling rougher and making a lot more blue smoke at start up. Everything seems to be in order, except for my paranoia. So should I return to stock and then retune? Is there a chance something got funny or is it likely just in my head?
    Sounds to me you may need a new connect cord for your MM3 if it got smashed good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Your Base Tune shouldn't be affected. If you're set up for 'send every key on' I suppose there could be trouble.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Sounds to me you may need a new connect cord for your MM3 if it got smashed good luck
    I've ordered a new cable with a 90° on the MM3, the way it should have been to start with

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

8. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Your Base Tune shouldn't be affected. If you're set up for 'send every key on' I suppose there could be trouble.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Nope, set up the way Ray recommended. Guess I'm just being paranoid. Thanks!

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post