Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: OEM "Bilstein performance tuned shocks" on Laramie 2500

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

OEM "Bilstein performance tuned shocks" on Laramie 2500

Well, this one stumped the parts guy at my local dealership, so I figured I'd try my luck here.

According to the sticker for my '18 Laramie 2500, it has Bilstein "performance tuned shock absorbers" front & rear. I also have the rear adjustable air suspension.

I was cleaning my truck the other day and noticed a Mopar parts label on the shocks. Also, the shocks are black in color... not the trademark yellow & blue, or even silver. The part number on the shocks is: 68240694AC. I called the parts dept at the dealership to inquire about the shock.... is it a true Bilstein? Or is it a Mopar-branded shock built by Bilstein? He said that information doesn't show up when he runs the part number.

To add further confusion, after running my VIN he said the part number for shocks on my truck is 68245513AC.

I'm just trying to figure out whether or not my truck is equipped with Bilsteins from the factory.. 'cause it's definitely a line item on the sticker, which means it's something I paid for.

Can any of you provide some insight? Does Mopar just re-brand Bilstein shocks for their sport and off-road packages? Or was my truck delivered w/ the wrong setup?

2. Likes Alpizar liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: OEM "Bilstein performance tuned shocks" on Laramie 2500

The part # comes up as a Mopar Bilstein shock

Dodge probably just paid them a bunch of money to put Mopar on their shocks. So they can put a big price tag on them

Under $100 from Bilstein
    Almost $150 from Dodge/Mopar

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Which part number? The 0694AC?

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks! Glad to be here.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have 17' 2500 Laramie Limited and it came with blue and yellow bilsteins

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If you have the off road package, it comes with blue/yellow shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamArmor View Post
    I have 17' 2500 Laramie Limited and it came with blue and yellow bilsteins
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

They also come with the Sport Appearance package at least on 2018s

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Not sure if this helps, but my '18 is a Laramie with the sport appearance package and the off road package and it had the blue and yellow Bilsteins. I thought the blue and yellow Bilsteins were a part of the off road package because I was looking at at another truck that just had the off road package and it to had the blue and yellow shocks.

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

12. Likes trikemaster liked this post