Likes Likes:  100
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: I'm sure i'm not the first ..

to the forum @Richard Tyler

I'm a big beliver in the later 3rd gen, but that's because I own one. Plenty of parts, the later 5.9's are proven, no DEF and it has never let me down and easy to maintain. Yes, the newer modles have more torque and HP, but with a few bucks, so can the 5.9's. It's a hard choice being a 1st time buyer.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Ahh! I was almost dead set on something like a 2012 Cummins .. but now @AnOldBiker you have me second guessing .. I would enjoy "cheaper" maintenance.. I'm so lost .. help guys!! And girl

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I'm sure i'm not the first ..

Just “shop” around in your area, test drive both the 5.9 and the 6.7 only you will know what you want and like. This forum is definitely the best out there and no one will judge you for what you choose and if you have any questions or doubts members on here will help you out GOOD LUCK and hope to see you soon

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Agreed with @AnOldBiker, the 5.9s are low maintenance vs 6.7

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

2008? 141k miles

10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Nothing will be exactly what I want till I play with it .. and the ones that are exactly what I want I dont want to buy cause they may have been ragged out by some kid

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Is there any year models to stay away from or a mileage I should stay under?

12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I have a '12 and love this truck!! Been deleted since 5k miles and since it's deleted the only extra maintenance cost over my buddy's 5.9 is the price difference in the filters.

A big plus for us is with the 4th gen trucks ('10+) you get a full crew cab instead of a club cab like the older 5.9 trucks but still get a full size bed.

Like stated above, drive a few different years before deciding. All in all, get a clean one, that was well maintained and the year doesn't really matter.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

13. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

thanks everyone for you input .. and thank you @Power247 .. what you just said really helped me make up my mind .. i'm sorry if i'm frustrating .. i'm just starving for information that i haven't gotten from hundreds of videos and reviews etc. i've read ... I crave peoples personal experiences ... i'll drive both (5.9 and 6.7).. but this will also be a family vehicle need to be able to get a car seat in the back for my boy .. so big crew cab is a must .. not a fan of MEGA cabs .. i'm defiantly leaning towards 4th gen (2010+) .. Since i'll be dropping quite a chunk of coins .. I want her to be perfect ... i'll have her forever .. right? ... idk quite the difference between smarty for 5.9 and MM3 for 6.7 .. but i like the way the MM3 changes the truck (from what i've seen)... youtube :/ ... she will def. be nice .. i hope ..

15. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, Power247 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Good for you ! Now you have a starting point and the window shopping begins !! Good luck and have fun test driving

"Cumminsbadgirl"

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

17. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast