Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  78
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EGR Turned Off

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cool EGR Turned Off

Will the dealer be able to tell if I turn off the EGR on my 2018 Ram 3500? I do not want to have issues with the warraanty.

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Turned Off

Not if your using Ray’s MM3 EGRless tuning no leaves no trace from DRD

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Any tuning done will leave a footprint, and could be found. I have a mod friendly dealer near me. With my stock trans on its way out, I contacted them just weighing my options at this point. Service writer said they have no problems, but in the case of major problems, Chrysler will ask them to send them codes from the trucks computer. The dealers themselves he said have no clue what these codes are, and therefore have no idea how to change them. Those codes tell all I guess, and if Chrysler says no to them on warranty, they then have to say no to me. So basically they have no problems trying, but may or may not get it. So if my money is going to be spent, it's not gonna be on another stock 68 LOL. Just what I've been told.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Any tuning done will leave a footprint, and could be found. I have a mod friendly dealer near me. With my stock trans on its way out, I contacted them just weighing my options at this point. Service writer said they have no problems, but in the case of major problems, Chrysler will ask them to send them codes from the trucks computer. The dealers themselves he said have no clue what these codes are, and therefore have no idea how to change them. Those codes tell all I guess, and if Chrysler says no to them on warranty, they then have to say no to me. So basically they have no problems trying, but may or may not get it. So if my money is going to be spent, it's not gonna be on another stock 68 LOL. Just what I've been told.

The 2018's leave no footprint.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Thanks Eric_RG thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    The 2018's leave no footprint.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*
    And how's that work? Please tell me more how we've one upped Chrysler in 2018, and I missed that news.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    And how's that work? Please tell me more how we've one-upped Chrysler in 2018, and I missed that news.

It might be a secret, but we can ask Ray.

@Double R Diesel?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    It might be a secret, but we can ask Ray.

@Double R Diesel?
    LOL that's cool too! I just was totally unaware of that. I need to find more time for the forum to get my info right again LOL.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I'm definitely curious as well. I would assume that if there was no trace then there would be a gap of when the egr and not opened and the frequency rate? Im definitely interested and looking forward to hearing mr. rays answer.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Im also interested i have a 2018 2500 with a G56 and its so slow compared to my 2015 deleted truck. Im looking for something but state inspections are getting harder to get by.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

not to hijack your thread, but just to check my understanding of this if you were to use a tuner to turn off the EGR and then unplugged the valve, that valve will stay shut and effectively disable the EGR without having to physicly remove parts correct. obviously doing the delete kit would be ideal but for the time being this will get me by correct?

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast