Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo kit for towing

1. Top Of Page | #1

Turbo kit for towing

Good evening everyone,

Have a few questions regarding sizing and drivability. I use my truck for hot shot and I’m looking to do a gen 2 kit. My question is, should I go with a kit are piece together my own. Also, should I get a manifold with an external wastegate?? My main goal is to keep DP down as well as egt’s. Right now I’m in the process of installing 625 head studs. Will I be ok with stock fuel for awhile??

I’ve recently looked at the steed speed manifold as well as stainless diesels. Any other kits I should take a look at?? How about 464 turbo....to big ?? Graciaaaas

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo kit for towing

Hey bud! Thanks for posting. I'll shoot you a message and we can go over some configurations for ya.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Hey bud! Thanks for posting. I'll shoot you a message and we can go over some configurations for ya.

Thanx. PM sent

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

in box is full bud. Message me when ya have a chance to clear it out bud.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

No offense, but forums grow by public dissemination of information. Discussion of recommendations in public will really help add depth to this forum.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

What are peoples thoughts on the ATS " Aurora Vortex 5000 Plus Kit". I will be keeping the stock VG turbo for exhaust brake reasons so this seems like a good add on.

Anyone have real life experience with this setup?? What is it like on the drive pressure side of things?

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2016 View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on the ATS " Aurora Vortex 5000 Plus Kit". I will be keeping the stock VG turbo for exhaust brake reasons so this seems like a good add on.

Anyone have real life experience with this setup?? What is it like on the drive pressure side of things?
    Talk to Clayton of DDP he will hook you up there are other options also talk to Ray at DRD they are both great guys and have the best dang customer service you can find

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Likes Hotram9212 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I've also been considering the Aurora 5000 add a turbo kit. This thread kind of died without any real life feedback.

11. Top Of Page | #9
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've never been a big fan of ATS. We have always had great luck with Industrial Injection Turbos.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Anyone look at or running the Pusher High mount compound kit? I was always told if you want to maintain tow-ability that a compound setup is the better option vs a big single or 2nd gen swap. I opted to go with the Pusher Kit and it was delivered yesterday. This will retain the factory VGT and add a S475 atmospheric turbo. Just purchased the retune from Ray for my MM3. He already has tunes for this setup.

14. Likes Power247, dieseljeeper liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast