Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turbo kit for towing

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo kit for towing

How hard was it to do the fleece rear coolant bypass?

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Fawver View Post
    I currently have all three sound tunes, whistle, 12v and lope. Haven't installed all the new stuff yet as work kept me too busy this weekend. I will start this install this upcoming Thursday as I'm off Frit thru Sun. Ray told me all the sound tunes will still work with the new compound kit, but the whistle tune may not be as audible as before.
    Yes the factory VGT can have problems, but retains the exhaust brake. They can be found fairly easy with all the 2nd Gen swaps. Also the Fleece Cheetah is a revised version of stock VGT and is an option, but fairly expensive. I'd like to have the cheetah sound with my compound setup, but can't justify the cost right now when I need $9,800 for a Revmax 700 installed to handle this new power and torque
    Still waiting- any update?!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Anyone look at or running the Pusher High mount compound kit? I was always told if you want to maintain tow-ability that a compound setup is the better option vs a big single or 2nd gen swap. I opted to go with the Pusher Kit and it was delivered yesterday. This will retain the factory VGT and add a S475 atmospheric turbo. Just purchased the retune from Ray for my MM3. He already has tunes for this setup.

I've been looking at this kit as well so am interested to know your thoughts after having installed and driven with it...

2016 3500 CCSB SRW Aisin 3.42s: RaceMe Ultra w/Double R Diesel Warp tuning, AFE 5" TBE, GDP S2 intake & TVGH, Air Boss 67 plenum, Rok-Tek grill, SPOD & some LEDs.

4. Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Still waiting- any update?!
    Kit will be installed the week of April 2nd, should have an update by end of that week. Haven't had time to get it installed.
    DRD Tunes with stock VGT, I've seen 39.75 PSI. With the Pusher kit I've been told I'd see somewhere around 65 PSI.

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Kit will be installed the week of April 2nd, should have an update by end of that week. Haven't had time to get it installed.
    DRD Tunes with stock VGT, I've seen 39.75 PSI. With the Pusher kit I've been told I'd see somewhere around 65 PSI.
    I may be more excited about this then you are looking forward to how it fits and drives!

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes Jaxonsram, Chris Fawver liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I may be more excited about this then you are looking forward to how it fits and drives!
    LOL, well the truck is currently at the shop!!! While we're in there, also installing Hamilton Valve Springs and Push Rods for added security. Also discussing an in house transmission build to hold all the power the trucks about to make, but that won't be done this week. Should have the truck back tomorrow or Fri at the latest, provided there's no issues.

10. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes Jaxonsram liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

LOL, well the truck is currently at the shop!!! While we're in there, also installing Hamilton Valve Springs and Push Rods for added security. Also discussing an in house transmission build to hold all the power the trucks about to make, but that won't be done this week. Should have the truck back tomorrow or Fri at the latest, provided there's no issues.
    AWESOME! Thanks for the update - good call having the trans on standby! Hopefully yours will hold for a while

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Hope you’ve got he back by now!

2013 Ram 2500

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes scs210 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123