Thanks Thanks:  36
Likes Likes:  122
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another ARP 425 vs 625 thread

1. Top Of Page | #1

Another ARP 425 vs 625 thread

Hey guys. I've been reading and reading and haven't quite found my answer. I know most people say just go for the 625 for peace of mind, but $800 extra is a lot for peace of mind. I'm wondering if I'll ever need to get my engine apart for anything other than to replace the head gasket? And if my gasket is good now (68K gentle miles), will I still likely be replacing it in a couple hundred thousand miles anyway? I know Ray has said most of our trucks will be fine with the 425s and my truck will never be a race truck, though I do want to get the most out of it for a daily driver. I've seen the other advantage of only having an initial torque on the 625, but I don't mind having to torque again after a few heat cycles. That said, I'd hate to end up buying new studs again in a few years if I have to take it apart. Simply, I'm dragging my feet hard on another pricey purchase and need a push one direction or another. Thanks in advance and sorry for yet another "which head studs?" Thread.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

2. Top Of Page | #2

Re: Another ARP 425 vs 625 thread

very well said! I am at the same point as you. I keep putting it off because I never really got a straight answer. I dont mind paying it if that is what it absolutely needed but if the only downside to the 425s is having to re-torque them, then thats no big deal at all! Very interested in this topic. hopefully it gets cleared up for us!

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

3. Likes WyomingHunter liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would look at part# 247-4202 arp studs. Better than the 2000 but not the price of 625’s. 12mm and a L19 material. Support up to 750 hp and 80 lbs boost. I would do these unless your wanting more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

5. Likes Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    Hey guys. I've been reading and reading and haven't quite found my answer. I know most people say just go for the 625 for peace of mind, but $800 extra is a lot for peace of mind. I'm wondering if I'll ever need to get my engine apart for anything other than to replace the head gasket? And if my gasket is good now (68K gentle miles), will I still likely be replacing it in a couple hundred thousand miles anyway? I know Ray has said most of our trucks will be fine with the 425s and my truck will never be a race truck, though I do want to get the most out of it for a daily driver. I've seen the other advantage of only having an initial torque on the 625, but I don't mind having to torque again after a few heat cycles. That said, I'd hate to end up buying new studs again in a few years if I have to take it apart. Simply, I'm dragging my feet hard on another pricey purchase and need a push one direction or another. Thanks in advance and sorry for yet another "which head studs?" Thread.
    Man if I am going to do all that work I am not effing around I’ll just do the 625 ARP Studs better safe then sorry one shot one kill do it right the first time

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Likes Power247, WyomingHunter liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    I would look at part# 247-4202 arp studs. Better than the 2000 but not the price of 625’s. 12mm and a L19 material. Support up to 750 hp and 80 lbs boost. I would do these unless your wanting more power.

According to ARP's site, that is the part number for the 2000's. I don't think there are any ARP offerings between the 425 and 625.

http://arp-bolts.com/kits/ARPkit-det...?RecordID=1627

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

9. Likes walla2k5, WyomingHunter liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post

I believe that part number is for 2000s or the 425s (same thin). Where did you find the info?

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

11. Top Of Page | #7

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Man if I am going to do all that work I am not effing around I’ll just do the 625 ARP Studs better safe then sorry one shot one kill do it right the first time
    I know, but those 625s are worth a full 3 weeks pay for me. I'm all about getting the best products, but don't want to waste any money where I don't need to. Kinda like buying royal purple when rotella works just fine...

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    I believe that part number is for 2000s or the 425s (same thin). Where did you find the info?
    CPP diesel is where I saw this. I’m wrong on the part number tho. I’ll have to look and see where I saw this part number at I’m talking about. Cause you guys are right these are 2000 now that I look more into it.

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

425s or HMR H11s. No street truck needs $1200 head studs

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

Quote Originally Posted by Devilman View Post
    425s or HMR H11s. No street truck needs $1200 head studs
    I'm leaning that way. The only thing that's really holding me up is that the 425s are reliably a single use stud. So if I need in there again, then I'm buying studs again. So at that point I'm better buying 625s. But I may never need in there, so that would be overkill. It's a tough call for me.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast