Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: new to me truck going in for recalls

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

new to me truck going in for recalls

I've only had my truck for about two months and about 1,500 miles. It is a 2013 CCSB G56, it has egr and DPF delete, and I think it has a DD clutch. It has to have tune and my guess is EFI because there is no screen or module. It will be going in for a bunch of recalls that haven't been done including the fuel heater issue and water pump as well as a few others. My question is what do I have to tell the dealership to make sure they don't overwrite my tune and force me into getting a new one sooner than I wanted? Thanks guys!

2013 Ram 2500 CCSB G56 4x4 Tradesman: Carli Commuter 2.0 with torsion sway bar, fox shocks and add a packs: ReadHead steering gears steering box: Synergy Steering linkage and steering box brace: 5" axle dump exhaust: SB DD clutch: H&S egr delete: Tune?

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: new to me truck going in for recalls

Just tell them to make sure they don't overwrite anything if they have to hook up to the ODB

4. Thanks RoadKing13 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Exactly this^^^ just he up front with them when you drop it off and they will now how to avoid messing you up. If you have doubts have them write it on the work order.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks RoadKing13 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

thanks for all the help guys! now lets hope that parts come in before the water pump goes!

2013 Ram 2500 CCSB G56 4x4 Tradesman: Carli Commuter 2.0 with torsion sway bar, fox shocks and add a packs: ReadHead steering gears steering box: Synergy Steering linkage and steering box brace: 5" axle dump exhaust: SB DD clutch: H&S egr delete: Tune?

8. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

SO the latest recall for the 2015 and newer trucks is the cruise control. I would think they would need to flash the trucks computer right?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Guerrero View Post
    SO the latest recall for the 2015 and newer trucks is the cruise control. I would think they would need to flash the trucks computer right?
    Do you have a diesel? These recalls are only for the gassers my friend

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yes, I have a diesel, I thought it was for these also.

On a different note, what do we do if in fact the truck needs an update or something like that to the computer from the factory?

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

new to me truck going in for recalls

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Guerrero View Post
    Yes, I have a diesel, I thought it was for these also.

On a different note, what do we do if in fact the truck needs an update or something like that to the computer from the factory?
    As from what I’ve read is that it only effects the gas models....

Can you put the stock program back in? From what I’ve heard from other folks is that if the dealership has seen you messed with your exhaust that it would only void that part of the warranty but the rest of the truck should be covered. Don’t hold me to that though. It’s Just what I’ve heard from some folks. LOL

2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie Cummins, G56, Rough Country Leveling, MM3 EGRless Tuned by Double R Diesel

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes