Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Snorkel

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Snorkel

I want to put a snorkel on my 17 3500. Why you ask? Because why not. Anyway AEV makes the snorkel, I've been doing some research before I commit to cutting a big as hole in my truck. What I found is that on the trucks with the active air the front inlet does not get sealed which basically negates the purpose of the snorkel in the first place. My question is, how much air actually comes through the front inlet? I know it stays closed unless you are using heavy throttle, would the engine lack power if I were to seal it up?

2016 Tradesman 6.7 manual. Pile of parts waiting to be installed.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Snorkel

It also opens up once ambient temps get up to a certain degree. I would be hesitant to install a snorkel unless you’re actually needing it for its primary function. That’s quite a long, not so big tube that turbo has to try and suck through. My guess is turbo spool up time will be reduced with a snorkel and possibly an increase in EGT’s.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)